Notices

newb mid travel questions

Old 02-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
FEARFACT is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Matt
FEARFACT's Tacoma Gallery
newb mid travel questions

hey everyone, im a recent convert from the jeep world and have a ton of learning to do. im lurking and have tried a search but haven't really gotten the dumbed down anwsers yet. basically what justifies "mid travel". my truck is an 03 double cab 4x4 with race runners up front,dif drop and all pro aal rear. i will be ordering alcans soon and plan on UCAs. any chance there are some pictures of what gains can be expected froma UCA upgrade? i dont want to shell out for LT since i will be family hauling and trail riding, no jumping or dunes. someday im likely to SFA when its off DD duty.. thanks for any help or input
Old 02-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Mid travel= extended travel coilovers in the front w/ uniball UCA's; with a leaf pack like an all pro or dakars w/ extended travel shocks in the rear.

Mid travel gives you a few more inches of travel and better flex/smoother articulation. So if your SAW's you have up front are not extended travel, you will want to swap them out for some extended travel and couple them w/ some uniball UCA's to have true mid travel.