Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bumper or Frame???

Old 02-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
RockTock is on a distinguished road
RockTock's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Bumper or Frame???

Well, so, I bought it, and am stuck with it. So, could this be a frame issue? I won't be able to find out for a week, and there is a topper Im looking at I would need to get soon, so Im trying to gauge my $$

Could this be more than a bumper issue? The left side is right in line, the right side is back about 1". Was I an idiot for buying this truck (IYO) or is this most likely just a "little" ding?
Attached Thumbnails
Bumper or Frame???-img_1208.jpg   Bumper or Frame???-img_1195.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Likely it just got bumped in a parking lot, probably just loosen the bumper mounts and pull it back out... These things are built to withstand some damage without messing up the frame... Could have also bent the bumper mount... Either way, shouldn't cost much to fix it.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
RockTock is on a distinguished road
RockTock's Tacoma Gallery
That would be awsuma@! Do you think I can use a vise to straighted out the bumper thing? Will just taking off the bottom allow me to see the problem? Thanks
Old 02-21-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
magog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud of

magog45's Tacoma Gallery
As Scot said likely a little parking lot bump, the stock bumpers on these trucks are pretty flimsy, if they had a handle you could twirl them like a baton and the front mounts are at best 16 gauge steel. When I had mine off I couldn't see where there was an inch of adjustment so its likely the mount is bent a bit. Don't forget the two clips at the tip of the bumper before you take it off though, I broke mine.