Notices

1st gen headlight upgrade

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
wheeler3129 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
wheeler3129's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen headlight upgrade

Can anyone tell me if I upgrade me factory headlights to clear lenses what years will fit? There are alot to choose from on ebay are there any to stay away from. I like the clear lense with the black housing the most, any help is most appreciated.

thanks
Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen tons of AFM lights come and go in my shop and you can always tell when they have them without even looking because the light spread is terrible! DEPO is pretty bad for sure. Don't know the brands of the other ones I've seen. kind of turned me off from getting a set. Find out which company makes the best first then go for style. Some are just awful I don't know how they are even legal....
Old 02-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard good things about the TYC assemblies, and I believe they come with black housings.

Rockauto has them for less than $30
Old 02-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
I have seen tons of AFM lights come and go in my shop and you can always tell when they have them without even looking because the light spread is terrible! DEPO is pretty bad for sure. Don't know the brands of the other ones I've seen. kind of turned me off from getting a set. Find out which company makes the best first then go for style. Some are just awful I don't know how they are even legal....
thanks that is what I was thinking that there might be some to stay away from.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I've heard good things about the TYC assemblies, and I believe they come with black housings.

Rockauto has them for less than $30
thanks man I will check them out.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Just went to see those headlights and none of them had clear lenses they looked just like factory, I think the ones I am looking for come in 2003 tacomas with the black housing because my father-in-laws is an 03 and his look like what I want. Is there anyone has personally done this mod and can tell me from experience?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler3129 View Post
Just went to see those headlights and none of them had clear lenses they looked just like factory, I think the ones I am looking for come in 2003 tacomas with the black housing because my father-in-laws is an 03 and his look like what I want. Is there anyone has personally done this mod and can tell me from experience?
A lot of people here have bought these. I haven't heard anything bad about them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-00-Toyota-Tacoma-2-4WD-Euro-Headlights-Head-Lamps-Black-Assembly-LH-RH-New-98-/190642218791?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Year%3A1998|Model%3ATacoma&vxp=mtr&hash=item 2c63296727

And here is a four piece JDM set

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2000-TO...item1c23723bb4
Old 02-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
musicmaan is on a distinguished road

musicmaan's Tacoma Gallery
I have a a set of those on my 98... pretty happy with them.. no complaints
Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
You might be able to read the reviews on amazon.com if you can find the same ones on there. People are pretty good about posting reviews there.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
I got the clear with black housing from ebay, I like them. This was the 6 piece set.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #11
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
my clear ebay housings i bought for 12 dollars and reflect the light 300 times better than stock.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #12
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
I got smoked ones from ebay and resealed them and they have turned out great
Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #13
[QUOTE=Madjik_Man;4613156]A lot of people here have bought these. I haven't heard anything bad about them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-00-Toyota-Tacoma-2-4WD-Euro-Headlights-Head-Lamps-Black-Assembly-LH-RH-New-98-/190642218791?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Year%3A1998|Model%3ATacoma&vxp=mtr&hash=item 2c63296727

And here is a four piece JDM set

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2000-TO...bb4[/QUOTE]
those are exactly what I was looking for,

thanks
Old 02-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #14
All those moments will be lost in time
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
Name: Guy
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can anyone tell me if I upgrade me factory headlights to clear lenses what years will fit? There are alot to choose from on ebay are there any to stay away from. I like the clear lense with the black housing the most, any help is most appreciated.

thanks
I have the black Anzos.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVY View Post
I have the black Anzos.

where did you get them and do you mind me asking how much?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVY View Post
I just googled them for the lowest price and bought from there. I can't remember where. Here's what I found.
thanks I like the way those look, I think the black housing will look the best on my truck.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #18
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
mine were done by andrew @ theretrofitsource under a TW group buy....
Old 02-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
All those moments will be lost in time
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
Name: Guy
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks I like the way those look, I think the black housing will look the best on my truck.
You won't be disappointed. Super bright cone of light and the hi's go out a good 200m.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #20
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my black headlights for I think 100 shipped on ebay

Products Discussed in this Thread