Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Throttle body spacer

Old 02-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Murkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dane
Murkules's Tacoma Gallery
Throttle body spacer

Anyone running the airaid tbs? or recommend any other ones?
Old 02-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
They make great paper weights and whistlers................that's it.

They have no positive gains on a fuel injected engine.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
Murkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurkules is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well that saved me $100!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToyTaco View Post
If you have intake and exhaust it will give you a little better throttle response. U will notice that but really ur buying a whistle. I had one on my 2.7L And it sounded like i was turbo charged. I loved it lol just for that
yeah so far i only got the deckplate mod. hahamy friend had it on his tacoma same engine
Old 02-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
careful about using "throttle response" around these parts........I mistakenly used it too, and quickly got tossed to the wolves.
Some ppl just like to argue because the more they say, the "righter" they are

U know the type
I have no idea what you're talking about but I do know you're wrong and I'm right.

Even though I have yet to state any opinion on the matter.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Sound is worth money, just ask any Lexus LF-A owner.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #10
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Sound is worth money, just ask any Lexus LF-A owner.
I scream out my window at passerby's as I drive, free horsepower
Old 02-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
Sound is worth money, just ask any Lexus LF-A owner

well let me grab and can of pork-n-beans!
I'll be rich!

Not worth the money.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #12

Don't worry guys I'll just spend the $100 I was gonna use for the throttle body spacer towards a crapload of stickers. 10+ Hp per sticker right?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you put one of these emblems on there, just to balance out your carbon footprint...

Old 02-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #14
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I have a TBS... Adds sound, not really sure on any hp, but meh too late now
Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The AFe spacer adds a few scallops in front of the helical threads to get rid of the whistling... though I'm not sure if that defeats the purpose of the spacer.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #16
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkules View Post
Don't worry guys I'll just spend the $100 I was gonna use for the throttle body spacer towards a crapload of stickers. 10+ Hp per sticker right?
Now you're talking!!!! Bigger Stickers = Greater HP