Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What would you think this is worth?

Old 02-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
Stook is on a distinguished road
Stook's Tacoma Gallery
What would you think this is worth?

I have always wanted a Taco, my buddies brother is selling his. Its in great shape and know he maintained it very well just want to know what you guys think its worth. I know I don't have pic but should be able to give enough info.

Its a 2000 Extended cab 4 cyl 5 speed manual 4x4. 131,000 miles, body is straight, electric locker in rear, silver paint is good (very small spot on hood starting to fade), camper shell, manual windows/door locks, lifted slightly (thinking 2 inches?), bald 285/75/16 Toyo MTs (need to be replaced bad), chrome moto metals, no stereo atm but stock stuff going in I think, has A/C which works good, small tear in drivers seat.

So what do you guys think? I KBB it and it came out to about $7,000 but it need new tires so bad. Those same tires would be about $1,200. I don't need MTs cause it would be more a daily driver than anything but I prefer MTs. Thanks for any input.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
Stook's Tacoma Gallery
No input? What would be a reasonable price to offer him?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Throw an offer for 5 and see if he bites and haggle from there.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
Stook's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, he won't go for 5 but I will start there and see what happens
Old 02-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
If you feel good about the truck and the price get it, if you dont feel good about either pass and look for something youll be happy with.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
If you feel good about the truck and the price get it, if you dont feel good about either pass and look for something youll be happy with.
This...keep in mind it may also need brakes/rotors as well.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #7
arkhillbilly is a jewel in the rougharkhillbilly is a jewel in the rougharkhillbilly is a jewel in the rough
arkhillbilly's Tacoma Gallery
I'd start at $4,000. Paint tires only god knows what else.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #8
PhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enoughPhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
PhdNPrerunners's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
a 4cyl 4x4 w/ the elocker? did he swap it in? I may be wrong but im fairly certain that it wasnt a factory option
There was an option to get the Trd package in the 4 cylinder trucks that came with a locker. They are really hard to find but they are out there
Old 02-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #9
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd give him 6.5 since it needs tires. That truck would sell for 9 to 10k here.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
Stook's Tacoma Gallery
Alright guys, thanks for the input