Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show Me Your Truck Tent

Old 02-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #21
bpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud of
Name: Jon
bpkrules's Tacoma Gallery
I found one for sale used, and it says the poles have been upgraded to aluminum. Are yours aluminum or something else?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #22
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpkrules View Post
I found one for sale used, and it says the poles have been upgraded to aluminum. Are yours aluminum or something else?
Mine are fiberglass. I dont know how aluminum could flex enough for the curve of the tent
Old 02-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #23
bpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud of
http://www.enelcompany.com/Features.html

Its a 35$ upgrade, so they got to be better right!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #24
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport11 View Post
That is the best yet!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #26
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
I like the tent idea, but I put a shell on, so I guess I could sleep through a hailstorm without getting beat up... But I like the idea of a lot more headroom... Especially with only having a 5' bed...
Old 05-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #27
LeDuc34
LeDuc34 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
LeDuc34's Tacoma Gallery
What Do You Guys Think?

Found this one at a garage sale! Only cost me $15! It was an early 90's model made for a late 80's/early 90's Chevy S10! I love it! On the box it said, "Made of Space Age Material"! LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Show Me Your Truck Tent-100_0094.jpg  
Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #28
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotrinaf View Post
I like the tent idea, but I put a shell on, so I guess I could sleep through a hailstorm without getting beat up... But I like the idea of a lot more headroom... Especially with only having a 5' bed...
Don't know about your shell, but mine leaks in all four corners if it's raining.

Plastic totes and dry bags is all I use now when camping or on long trips with gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDuc34 View Post
Found this one at a garage sale! Only cost me $15! It was an early 90's model made for a late 80's/early 90's Chevy S10! I love it! On the box it said, "Made of Space Age Material"! LOL
GORTEX!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #29
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
my girlfriend got it for me for $50 off craigslist. Retail its like $150-$200.
Lol that's funny, my GF was going to get me one too. I told her to check craigslist! I have my sites set on a Bestop Supertop.

I know it won't have as much head room, but I like that I can use it for other things besides just sleeping. And when sleeping in it, it doesn't scream "people are sleeping in here!".

If only i could find one used for a good price because 500 is ridiculous.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #30
TheMike515 will become famous soon enough
TheMike515's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that adventure 1 is awesome! ...I doubt thats a regular find on craigslist, but I may have to keep my eyes out for a good deal!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #31
TheMike515 will become famous soon enough
TheMike515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks like some decent headroom on this beast
Old 05-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #32
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shit that Cars tent comes with a rug? I'm sold
Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Don't know about your shell, but mine leaks in all four corners if it's raining.

Plastic totes and dry bags is all I use now when camping or on long trips with gear.

GORTEX!!!

The tents also add the room of the tailgate!!!
I still haven't used my adventure-1.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDuc34 View Post
Thats a great deal!! Matches too!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #35
Rmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really nice
Rmesa1's Tacoma Gallery
Do the straps scratch the bed?
Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #36
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
I was getting ready to ask the same question? I would think that since they are nylon probably not so much although the end of the strap is what I wonder about. What is it hooked to?
Old 05-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #37
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
The straps have plastic hook that hook onto the bottom edges of the bedsides.

No real risk of scratching the paint.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #38
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cannot let me daughter see this.

She'll want one.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #39
Ct03si is on a distinguished road
Air Force: vehicle maintenance
Ct03si's Tacoma Gallery
i know im bringing this back from the dead, i just bought a 2010 tacoma quad cab with a short bed, im looking into this tent but i have a question, will it fit with my roll up tonneau cover or would i have to completely remove that to make the tent fit? what do the tent poles attach to?
also are there any truck air mattresses that fit the short bed? preferrably with a built in pump.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #40
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Google is your friend...
http://www.truckairbedz.com/store/16...r_Mattress.htm

As for how the tent attaches - -no idea.