Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My take on the "deckplate mod" ;)

Old 02-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #22
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a good clip of what the stock vs. deck plate mod sounds like for those who are wondering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk6kj...eature=related
Old 02-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #23
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt [again, not WILL]
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
Here is a good clip of what the stock vs. deck plate mod sounds like for those who are wondering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk6kj...eature=related
Good video! Yeah the Airaid tube definitely amplifies the sound. Mine resonates so much in the cab it'll make my pull out cupholder on the dash "buzz" on WOT lol.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #24
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiLL WILL View Post
Good video! Yeah the Airaid tube definitely amplifies the sound. Mine resonates so much in the cab it'll make my pull out cupholder on the dash "buzz" on WOT lol.
is it bigger than the stock tube?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #25
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
is it bigger than the stock tube?
I doesn't appear to be. It basically gets rid of the restrictive mufflers and resonators on the factory tube.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #26
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
I doesn't appear to be. It basically gets rid of the restrictive mufflers and resonators on the factory tube.
huh ok cool. looks like this is another item on my list
Old 02-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #27
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not without something custom, no haha. I'll probably only ever need cover it temporarily when I power wash the motor. But I'm not too worried about it, even in the rain. Got a buddy with the deckplate on his Taco and runs it open in the rain with no problems.
Same here, and it rains a lot up here in Portland.

I only cover mine if I go off-road and it's really dusty or if there's a water crossing.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #28
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
huh ok cool. looks like this is another item on my list
The tube comes with the nice silver C.A.R.B. exempt sticker I placed on my firewall you can see in my first post. dooooo eeeet
Old 02-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #29
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Same here, and it rains a lot up here in Portland.

I only cover mine if I go off-road and it's really dusty or if there's a water crossing.
There you go! PDX pours I know that for sure!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #30
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not to crap on your thread bud; however get it from Advance Auto online and use the code VISA.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #31
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
Not to crap on your thread bud; however get it from Advance Auto online and use the code VISA.

Haha! Dammit where were you when I was ordering this stuff back in January!! Good looking out though
Old 02-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #32
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely gonna be doing this soon, subd for video!!
Old 02-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #34
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
Definitely gonna be doing this soon, subd for video!!
I'll try to shoot something real quick before I get my headers installed on Tuesday. Need to have the GF hold the camera since I got a 5 speed lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Nice job...

damn i remember when my engine compartment looked that clean...
Thanks man, I'm OCD engine bay clean lol. Every car I have I do an engine detail monthly haha. Even my "beater" 05 Sentra has shiny plastics under the hood lmao.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #35
zachc113 will become famous soon enough

zachc113's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll try to shoot something real quick before I get my headers installed on Tuesday. Need to have the GF hold the camera since I got a 5 speed lol

Thanks man, I'm OCD engine bay clean lol. Every car I have I do an engine detail monthly haha. Even my "beater" 05 Sentra has shiny plastics under the hood lmao.
sweet! deff want a good vid!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #36
Firefighter:
hey OP where is your crusie control? looks like your V-6 is a little different than mine. you have 3 hoses going to the intake tube where mine only has one
Old 02-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #37
zachc113 will become famous soon enough

zachc113's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey OP where is your crusie control? looks like your V-6 is a little different than mine. you have 3 hoses going to the intake tube where mine only has one
just a guess but they might be connected to your resonators on your intake tube and since he doesn't have those it still had to hook up.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #38
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachc113 View Post
just a guess but they might be connected to your resonators on your intake tube and since he doesn't have those it still had to hook up.
im not sure this is what mine looks like. i know its hard to see *not my pic* http://www.alltoyotatrucksuvparts.co...073_engine.jpg
Old 02-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #39
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
My truck doesn't have cruise lol
Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #40
Firefighter:
Quote:
My truck doesn't have cruise lol
huh. is it an SR5?