Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My take on the "deckplate mod" ;)

Old 02-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #41
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt [again, not WILL]
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
huh. is it an SR5?
Nope its a debadged V6 LX 4x4 lol
Old 02-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #42
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiLL WILL View Post
That may be why.. anyone know if the airaid intake tube will still work with my truck? looks like the pic i posted
Old 02-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #43
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Decided to use a 4" composite velocity stack from Blox Racing. Also installed the Airaid intake tube and panel filter today. Intake roars now! Butt dyno says this mod WORKS.

-Matt
Butt dyno?
Old 02-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #44
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRS View Post
Butt dyno?
Yes BUTT DYNO. Lol. The perceived improvement of performance after you throw a new mod on and romp on it for the first time. I can't be the only one who's ever used this term...... -_-
Old 02-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #45
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Yes BUTT DYNO. Lol. The perceived improvement of performance after you throw a new mod on and romp on it for the first time. I can't be the only one who's ever used this term...... -_-
lmao ive never heard of it
Old 02-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #46
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
lmao ive never heard of it
Lies! :P
Old 02-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #47
Firefighter:
apparently my engine has 2 silencers on the intake that I can take off. That big black box is one of them. Il see how I can remove those and just maybe it will sound a little better
Old 02-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #48
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
apparently my engine has 2 silencers on the intake that I can take off. That big black box is one of them. Il see how I can remove those and just maybe it will sound a little better
Apparently if you delete those silencers, it helps and performs better like the Airaid tube.

I was able to shoot some video today but with a ghetto ass rig on the dashboard. Lol. I'm hoping the sound pops through since I recorded in HD. Hard to tell from the playback on the tiny camera speaker.

Re-shooting a video to *isolate* the said of the velocity stack mod on my truck might be useless after tomorrow haha....the truck is checking in at 9am at my exhaust guy for the Doug Thorley headers installation.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #49
Firefighter:
Quote:
Apparently if you delete those silencers, it helps and performs better like the Airaid tube.

I was able to shoot some video today but with a ghetto ass rig on the dashboard. Lol. I'm hoping the sound pops through since I recorded in HD. Hard to tell from the playback on the tiny camera speaker.

Re-shooting a video to *isolate* the said of the velocity stack mod on my truck might be useless after tomorrow haha....the truck is checking in at 9am at my exhaust guy for the Doug Thorley headers installation.
thats what im hoping

lets see that video
Old 02-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #50
Toyota FTW
2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about

Name: Garrett
2000yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
Here is a good clip of what the stock vs. deck plate mod sounds like for those who are wondering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk6kj...eature=related
That sounds bad asss. I have the 2.7 with the deckplate and k&n and it sounds a lot better then it did but it has nothin on that.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #51
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
Not really a "deck plate mod", just a 'big hole mod". It looks great though, really clean install! If you wanted to close the hole, you would cut two pieces slightly larger and use two long bolts and washers/nuts to pancake them around the opening. (It makes sense in my head!)

The Butt-Dyno...I commonly used, 'highly tuned' tool in the busted knuckle style garage. I'm tracking! I have one also!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #52
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekp View Post
Not really a "deck plate mod", just a 'big hole mod". It looks great though, really clean install! If you wanted to close the hole, you would cut two pieces slightly larger and use two long bolts and washers/nuts to pancake them around the opening. (It makes sense in my head!)

The Butt-Dyno...I commonly used, 'highly tuned' tool in the busted knuckle style garage. I'm tracking! I have one also!
Haha hence my quotations around "deckplate mod."

I've got a few ideas on how to close it, but that way mention works in my head to. Honestly it'll only be plugged up when I steam clean the motor. Something a few ziplock bags and rubber bands couldn't seal.

*FYI* for those concerned about rain and this mod....it was pouring here yesterday and I romped on it pretty good. Popped the hood and the stack was almost completely dry. Opened the air box and pulled out the filter which was 100% dry.

Truck is at the exhaust shop at the moment getting a set of Thorley headers. Should be up and roaring by Friday latest. Per my exhaust guy, he recommended we order some Percy carbon exhaust manifold gaskets bc for some reason the new oem header gaskets won't work.

Stay tuned. I'll work on some ghetto video footage I shot yesterday hopefully it'll be up tonight.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #53
Firefighter:
Quote:
Haha hence my quotations around "deckplate mod."

I've got a few ideas on how to close it, but that way mention works in my head to. Honestly it'll only be plugged up when I steam clean the motor. Something a few ziplock bags and rubber bands couldn't seal.

*FYI* for those concerned about rain and this mod....it was pouring here yesterday and I romped on it pretty good. Popped the hood and the stack was almost completely dry. Opened the air box and pulled out the filter which was 100% dry.

Truck is at the exhaust shop at the moment getting a set of Thorley headers. Should be up and roaring by Friday latest. Per my exhaust guy, he recommended we order some Percy carbon exhaust manifold gaskets bc for some reason the new oem header gaskets won't work.

Stay tuned. I'll work on some ghetto video footage I shot yesterday hopefully it'll be up tonight.
I wouldnt worry too much about getting water in there. ive gone through water over my hood with the deckplate open and no issues
Old 02-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #54
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wouldnt worry too much about getting water in there. ive gone through water over my hood with the deckplate open and no issues
I don't believe you.
A quick splashing or wake over the hood maybe...
But if you were in water over your hood...
You'd hydro-lock before you could blink.

I'll guess some folk have to learn the hard way.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #55
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I've done the deck plate mod, but nothing with the tube. May have to try that out or just try to drop those silencers somehow.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #56
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
I don't believe you.
A quick splashing or wake over the hood maybe...
But if you were in water over your hood...
You'd hydro-lock before you could blink.

I'll guess some folk have to learn the hard way.
meh think what you will. i didnt know it was that deep untill i got in. then i remembered my deckplate. got out without a problem.
Edit: i wasnt sitting in water over my hood if thats what you were thinking. the wake was over the hood and the water level was just under it
Old 03-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #57
Afraz is on a distinguished road
Afraz's Tacoma Gallery
Wheres the vid ?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #58
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraz View Post
Wheres the vid ?
I'm lagging, but I do have footage I'll post when I can!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #59
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Nice! I've done the deck plate mod, but nothing with the tube. May have to try that out or just try to drop those silencers somehow.
I capped them off. worked for me
Old 03-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #60
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Senior Airman
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i have an 03 Sr5, v6- no cruise control either... nice mod btw