Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My take on the "deckplate mod" ;)

Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #81
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is very nice. What were you running the Icons at. Lift height front and rear? Is the rear setup just the shackle lift?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #82
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiLL WILL View Post
This was honestly my ORIGINAL plan but none of my local audio places(5 in my little town) had one in stock. Consensus was they either build sealed boxes or tune ported boxes using pvc.

Is there a minimum you have to spend for shipped orders on that link? I think that was what was preventing me from ordering a box port lol.

I found it on amazon and ordered two. Total for both was $11.00 shipped. Through parts express I think it was $4 just for shipping for one.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #83
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt [again, not WILL]
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterchop200 View Post
Your truck is very nice. What were you running the Icons at. Lift height front and rear? Is the rear setup just the shackle lift?
Thanks!

Height wise I'm probably at a 3" lift or a little under with the Icons. I basically adjusted front preload based on the rear height. I just wanted the front and rear to be even.

The rear, for now, is lifted with 2" Toytec shackles. The leaf packs are oem replacement Dormans.

With my old crappy, 2.5" front spacer lift, the kit provided 1.5" shackles and it sat pretty dead even front to rear. So the front needs to be about a 1" higher than rear to have it even.

With the 2" shackles in the back, the front should be sitting around 3" total lift now. The highest you should go on a 4wd without serious strain on cv's.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #85
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMay1 View Post
Do you know how much horsepower the whole set up added?
Honest answer: no.

At most I'd estimate around 10 to the wheels.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #87
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
oh. okay. I'm thinking about getting the intake tube....
Couldn't hurt, it'll smooth out any air turbulence going into the TB vs the stock tube. I'm very happy with mine.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #88
Newbie123 is on a distinguished road
Newbie123's Tacoma Gallery
have you noticed any change in MPG's since the velocity stack?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #90
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Could you try to get a video of how this sounds when driving?
Have you heard what these sound like with a CIA? Sounds almost exactly the same
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #92
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
I ordered it last night for $80 from Advance Auto. Can't wait for it to get here! It's going to be sick with my 6" deckplate.
Lol dang went big with the 6" deckplate ...you should be stoked on the intake tube!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #93
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
have you noticed any change in MPG's since the velocity stack?
Not really lol

Quote:
Could you try to get a video of how this sounds when driving?
I'll try to get a video up soon!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #94
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiLL WILL View Post
Lol dang went big with the 6" deckplate ...you should be stoked on the intake tube!
I am stoked for sure!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #96
gearheadmatt is on a distinguished road
gearheadmatt's Tacoma Gallery
Seemed like a waste of time for me. Threw a CEL so I just put the plate back on. No more CEL...