Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My attempt at building a rear tube bumper

Old 02-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
My attempt at building a rear tube bumper

So i wanted to try to build something for the taco and this bumper is what i came up with. Still have more work to do to it, I used 1.5" round tubing and so far i have the basic build done.The top is not attached and still need to figure on how to mount to frame but i'm only doing this a little at a time. I do plane to run some plate steel for the license plate area for lights.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Looks stout but appears to have the same departing angle (or worse) than the stock. Were you trying to gain clearance or just beef up the stock? Either way, props to you for taking on a build like this yourself!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man I was just trying to beef up the stock. I dont do any wheeling so departure angle was not an issue. My work parking lot sucks and too many kids cant drive worth a shit so to all of them "HIT me now BITCH"
Old 02-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
Thanks man I was just trying to beef up the stock. I dont do any wheeling so departure angle was not an issue. My work parking lot sucks and too many kids cant drive worth a shit so to all of them "HIT me now BITCH"

In that case, I think it's perfect!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
ROBTACO is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
ROBTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice, Good job
Old 02-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Jeez thats a big ol phuker.... Should help the hondas ricochet off your bumper no problem, lol.
I hope so It is 8" tall and 8" deep about the same as stock at the tallest point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBTACO View Post
Looks nice, Good job
Thanks alot!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
ttaM will become famous soon enoughttaM will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
ttaM's Tacoma Gallery
dang, that's beefy. it'll look sick on the truck dude
Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #10
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet man! What kind of welder you got? I'm looking at buying myself a Miller elec div 180 ac/dc. Pricey, but limitless applications, such as making myself a bumper!

Nice work btw! Excited to see how it turns out! Are you gonna put a plate on the top tubes so you can step up easier?
Old 02-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #11
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaM View Post
dang, that's beefy. it'll look sick on the truck dude
I hope so! I'm still up in the air on how im gonna mount to the frame tho? (might hit up Jerry at B.A.M.F and see if he can cut me some brackets) I think it might help with tailgaters too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post
Sweet man! What kind of welder you got? I'm looking at buying myself a Miller elec div 180 ac/dc. Pricey, but limitless applications, such as making myself a bumper!

Nice work btw! Excited to see how it turns out! Are you gonna put a plate on the top tubes so you can step up easier?
I got a lil Harbour Frieght 90 amp wire welder (i know, i know) but i have a semi retired welder working for me and that is why it has taken over a month to get this far. He was a welder for 48yrs. and everything i did i would bring it to him at work to check out and make sure it was good to go before moving on. I hope to get this done and do some stuff for the wife and then hit her up to upgrade to a real welder!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey no harm man! I just use other people's welders now. Works great! But I want my own, maybe go into fabricating stuff for people. Anyway subd for more updates!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Ah it's all good! I'm having fun doing this with what i got but would like too get better equiptment LOL. How's this sound.... Honey if i had something better... Then i would be able to do that for you. If i put it that way then the money spent would be for the both of us
Old 02-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I hope this thing piss pounds some rice cooker cobalt without causing damage to the truck. Looks beefy (pun intended).
Old 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #15
Tail Striker

You always have to convince them it will somehow benefit them... Well not always. Just show up with it! Along with, look what I made you!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
So after a few weeks i finally finished it !!!!!!

And one more photo
Old 03-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #17
Tail Striker

Thats sick! Great job man! Looks amazing!
Old 03-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #18
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
funny man...hit us up with pics when u r done
Old 03-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #19
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Good job.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #20
natemoore2088 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nate
natemoore2088's Tacoma Gallery
looks great! how heavy is it?