LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A few questions

Old 02-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
drshirk is on a distinguished road
drshirk's Tacoma Gallery
A few questions

I have an '02 tacoma. The 4WD doesn't work and the check engine light is on. I took it to Toyota dealer and they said that I have a bad O2 sensor. He said the one in the back. The part number from Toyota is 89467-35001. I am somewhat handy and I think I can replace this myself or have a friend do it. They also said that the Front Differential Add Switch is not working. This is why the 4WD isn't working. Does this sound correct? He said the part number for that is 41400-34013. Again I am hoping I can buy the part and fix it myself. The dealer wants $1395 to replace these items. I found this on ebay but I am not sure if they are the right parts.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BORG-WARNER-...item27c3bd114b O2 sensor

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-T100-...item1e6362c30b Front Diff Add switch

I would like to know how I can verify these are the correct parts. I don't want to order the wrong thing.

Thanks for the help...
Old 02-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure on the 4wd since I no longer have that suspension type.. But the O2 sensor looks correct. This stuff isn't too hard to replace as long as you have a solid ground to work on it. Possibly jack up the truck and crawl under it to make it easier.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
drshirk's Tacoma Gallery
Where is the O2 sensor located? Anyone have thoughts on the 4wd?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drshirk View Post
Where is the O2 sensor located? Anyone have thoughts on the 4wd?

On the exhaust pipe. Should have O2 sensors before cats, then after cats. You should replace them all at the same time. Just unplug the wiring harness and unscrew the sensor. So simple. They even make special O2 sensor sockets that have a notch in em for the wire, or just use a box wrench. 24mm?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
drshirk's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help. I am new to the Tacomas so your advice is very helpful. I am wondering what exactly the Front Differential Add Switch does. I am going to search it on google but if any one knows how it works and what it does please let me know.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
drshirk's Tacoma Gallery
I typed the part number in and this is what came up on this site...

http://toyota-parts.toyotapart.com/s...34013&x=5&y=14

Anyone know how it works and has anyone ever replaced it before?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
drshirk's Tacoma Gallery
Ok i will give it a look first. Also are the O2 sensors the same? Will this one work regardless of which one needs replaced, do you know/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BORG-WARNER-...114b#vi-ilComp
Old 02-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #9
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=drshirk;4648586]Ok i will give it a look first. Also are the O2 sensors the same? Will this one work regardless of which one needs replaced, do you know/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BORG-WARNER-...omp[/QUOTE]

What engine? The ebay one you have there is a universal sensor, but there are two types of sensors. Screw in type and bolt in type. Check before you buy. I think upstream is screw in and downstream is bolt in. The universal means you wire it yourself. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, get direct fit.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #10
drshirk's Tacoma Gallery
My engine is the 4cyl. 2.7 I believe. Thanks for the quick replys. I did a search on this site and found that the accuator for the 4WD uses vacum to work. It siad to check the hoses to make sure of no holes or tears so I will be checking that out tomorrow. Thanks again.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
Laissez les bons temps rouler
tacoma04 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bruce
tacoma04's Tacoma Gallery
I can't help you on the 4x4 problem, but hopefully this helps with the O2 sensor problem.

The dealer said it was the back O2 sensor, so that should mean the downstream sensor. You think you have a 2002 4cyl 2.7. First, make sure that is your engine. According to Rock Auto, it doesn't matter if it is auto or manual and the sensor is the same for both 4cyl engines. The downstream Denso sensor is Part # 2344189 at the following link.

Downstream O2 sensor

Use Denso. Others on here have used universal sensors and had problems with them. The Densos are OE and work very well. That is what I have used.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
drshirk's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, thanks for the help!!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #14

Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma04 View Post
I can't help you on the 4x4 problem, but hopefully this helps with the O2 sensor problem.

The dealer said it was the back O2 sensor, so that should mean the downstream sensor. You think you have a 2002 4cyl 2.7. First, make sure that is your engine. According to Rock Auto, it doesn't matter if it is auto or manual and the sensor is the same for both 4cyl engines. The downstream Denso sensor is Part # 2344189 at the following link.

Downstream O2 sensor

Use Denso. Others on here have used universal sensors and had problems with them. The Densos are OE and work very well. That is what I have used.

x2, Def go with a high quality plug vs economy.