LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Oil pan gasket replacement on 2.7 liter

Old 02-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Dlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Daniel
Dlead's Tacoma Gallery
Oil pan gasket replacement on 2.7 liter

Hey guys i was wondering how hard it would be to replace the oil pan gasket on my 1998 toyota tacoma 4x4 4cyl

Thanks in advance for any replies...and if someone has pics or anything they would be greatly aprreciated.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah Nvm.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
Over all i'd say it'd be a big pain in the ass. replacing the gasket isn't hard once you get to a point where the pan will come off.

but removing everything to get to it would be a bitch. i could be completely wrong but i think you'd have to remove quite a few of your front wheel drive components. especially since our tacomas have a fairly heavy duty front wheel drive set up. if you were 2wd i think it'd be much easier.

just my initial thoughts. i'd look in the fsm and see what procedure they have
Old 02-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtacomaTIGER View Post
Over all i'd say it'd be a big pain in the ass. replacing the gasket isn't hard once you get to a point where the pan will come off.

but removing everything to get to it would be a bitch. i could be completely wrong but i think you'd have to remove quite a few of your front wheel drive components. especially since our tacomas have a fairly heavy duty front wheel drive set up. if you were 2wd i think it'd be much easier.

just my initial thoughts. i'd look in the fsm and see what procedure they have
+1.....I do believe that you have to drop the front diff to drop the pan.....mine is seeping and not leaking yet. Not looking forward to that
Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I can't speak with certainty on a '98 but on the 01-04 Tacos... there is no gasket. They use a high-grade silicone caulk or something. Had mine redone recently and yeah, you have to remove the front diff.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about my original post.... I forgot...SAS, nothing is in the way
Old 02-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
Dlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of lightDlead is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Daniel
Dlead's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the replies and yea my front diff is gonna gave to be dropped
It is gonna suck! Lol
Old 01-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #8
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoXtreme's Tacoma Gallery
in the process of doing my 97 oil pan gasket. its 2:20am and been working on taking out the diff since 9pm. got one side out and one side almost ready to come out. tools needed: ALOT OF PATIENCE