Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Am I crazy??

Old 12-11-2008, 07:17 AM   #21
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Hell ya on the 1st Gen, im still rocking my xtracab 00 with 130k
Old 12-11-2008, 07:53 AM   #22
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad that you are gonna keep it! I miss my '00 alot. I love my '06 too, but I wish that I had kept my '00 for many reasons.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #23
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
After checking out this thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ts-issues.html

I figured I'm pretty much set with what I have.

Not to say that all 2nd gens experience anything like those listed, but knowing me, I would probably end up with one that did...
Old 12-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #24
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Is the extra room and doors worth the THOUSANDS you're going to spend? Surely not. If it serves your needs, keep it. It's a good looking truck.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #25
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
After checking out this thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ts-issues.html

I figured I'm pretty much set with what I have.

Not to say that all 2nd gens experience anything like those listed, but knowing me, I would probably end up with one that did...
Seeing all these threads about problems with the 2nd gens scare me but make me glad I have a 1st gen. It makes me uneasy thinking about buying a truck years from now.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:54 AM   #26
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
It's funny, I almost traded my 1st gen on on a new 2nd gen a while back. I got approved for the loan and all, but the day before I was to pick it up, I changed my mind. I like the added roominess and extra towing capacity of the 2nd gen, but in the end didn't think it was worth it. I sunk a couple grand into modding my 1st gen instead. Kinda glad I did now with the whole economy thing...rather not have a loan right now...
Old 12-16-2008, 06:29 AM   #27
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRFIVE View Post
It's funny, I almost traded my 1st gen on on a new 2nd gen a while back. I got approved for the loan and all, but the day before I was to pick it up, I changed my mind. I like the added roominess and extra towing capacity of the 2nd gen, but in the end didn't think it was worth it. I sunk a couple grand into modding my 1st gen instead. Kinda glad I did now with the whole economy thing...rather not have a loan right now...
Thanks for the input. You have a very valid point about the loan thing at this point in time. Is that loan worth the extra room? Don't think so.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #28
TacoGuy01 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electronics Tech 3rd class Submarine Qualified (served 1995 to 2001)
Name: Bill
TacoGuy01's Tacoma Gallery
KEEP IT!!!!! ... and remember they aren't truly broke in till over 200,000 miles. My first taco, an 01, had 27k on it used and I traded for an 07. My 01 only had 121,500 and I had no major probs at all when I traded. currently own an 03 trd 4 door with just over 189,000 no major probs just the usual maintenance
Old 04-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #29
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
It's up to you! Go take a second gen dc for a long drive and then think about the pros and cons of both trucks. Then decide don't take our word for it, but don't be so hasty with your choice.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #30
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
thread is only 6 years old
Old 04-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #31
beedoola is on a distinguished road

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that's one clean taco. With crazy low miles to boot.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #32
DoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud of

Navy: HM2 (Corpsman) 2nd MARDIV and NH Naples
Name: Corey
DoccoM85's Tacoma Gallery
Hahahaha, 6 years or not, wonder if he STILL has it...
Old 04-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #33
rademan11 is on a distinguished road
rademan11's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it and buy the new one.
Wife and I each have 2 vehicles.
Nothing wrong with that.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #34
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
thread is only 6 years old
I had no idea that it was old lol
Old 06-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #36

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
x2

put that thing in a sealed crate and whorship it

Edit: all this time later, i wonder where it is and how many miles it has
I eventually ended up selling the truck to another TW member a couple of years ago. He lives in Gilbert, AZ, I think...not sure what became of it, or if he still has the truck, he has not posted for two years.

As you can see from my profile, now driving a 2013 AC 4x4 TRD Off Road. Every now and then I think of the '02, but don't really miss it.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:46 AM   #38

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Thats crazy! Lol he got a great truck!

Hope you love the new one
Really like the new one. The extra room, opening a.c. doors, bigger bed (somewhat), much nicer seats, more power while still getting close to 19 mpg, backup camera, bluetooth, and generally better looking body and grille are all things that don't make me miss the '02 much.

And, the ride is better also.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:27 AM   #39
Huntn57 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Huntn57's Tacoma Gallery
just keep what u got that away u can garentee it not been ragged
Old 07-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #40

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn57 View Post
just keep what u got that away u can garentee it not been ragged
Need a universal translator for that...don't think you read past the first post...'garenteed'.