Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Haltech E8 install- anyone done it yet?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
TEchnology in Motion
LOCOTACOMA is on a distinguished road
LOCOTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Haltech E8 install- anyone done it yet?

Hey all- I am an off road chaser for SCORE events and I have a 5 lug mini tacoma that I have built into my prerunner. It is running the 2rz motor and I have now fully built the bottom and top ends and added a turbo system and a HALTECH E8 standalone. I am using the auto trans with some heavy duty mods but its still the tacoma auto trans that is run through the ECU. I have piggy backed the HALTECH off the factory ECU and its running. I am wondering if anyone has done this yet and if they would be willing to chat with me about tuning and any hick ups that I may run into. Let me know. Thanks in advance
Old 12-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
beehunt is on a distinguished road
beehunt's Tacoma Gallery

Show us some sick pics of this build man I dont have any input for your situation but i would love to see it...
Old 12-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
piggybacked the whats-it off the whos-it huh?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
SpeedFreek on Customtacos used a Halltech i believe.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
TEchnology in Motion
Thanks

Thank you for the little input so far. I will upload more pics to my profile, but you can see the full front end pic with the intercooler and full turbo system and all on my profile. or hit me up on myspace locotacoma is my screen name.
I didnt mean to toss out big words and what not... Basicly the stock trans requires the stock ECU so you have to piggy back off of the stock ECU and make it just control the Trans. The HALTECH does all other functions. Its a pain in the ass! I am a die hard toy guy and I dont want to swap the trans to a chevy or ford even though I know that is all it would take to make this all work. Its the stupid electronicly controlled trans!!! Thanks again. Any more info would be great
Attached Thumbnails
Haltech E8 install- anyone done it yet?-haltech-stand-alone-engine-management-system.jpg   Haltech E8 install- anyone done it yet?-money-shot-2.jpg  
Old 12-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Can't you just put a 5 speed in it?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
TEchnology in Motion
I dont want a 5 speed at all! I have it working with this trans but I am just looking for info on tunning tips and to see if anyone else has done this so I can learn from them and make fewer mistakes.
Truck starts and I can drive it up and down the street all day but I was told that is a good sign but not a done deal. There could be small issues in the wiring that can make tuning a huge problem. Like I said just wondering if anyone can help.
I just posted some pics, no action pics on my profile. I will get some more from before the motor build up ASAP. Thanks in advance for any help.