Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

IDEAS FOR 2000 PRERUNNER TRD BLACK

Old 03-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
EV831 is on a distinguished road
Name: ETHAN
EV831's Tacoma Gallery
IDEAS FOR 2000 PRERUNNER TRD BLACK

Just picked up this truck today. Bought it from the original owner and everything is stock on it to my belief. I don't know too much so I'm seeing what all you think. My first idea was to powder coat the rims. Just give me some advice. Any other black tacos out there?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
whitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

whitetaco01's Tacoma Gallery
I would paint the rims myself to save some cash, do the deck plate mod, take the step side off, and hold off on anything else until you decide what you want to do with your truck. Sick truck though. There are plenty of nice black tacos on here
Old 03-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #3
TacomaV6 is on a distinguished road
TacomaV6's Tacoma Gallery
I just saw this truck on craiglist
I would cut that thing hanging from your spare. it look just as bad as Honda civics having tow hooks for no reason.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Congrades, nice truck. Very clean! I would have to agree . 1st. thing take the steps off, then do a deckplate mod and change all fliulds and check all hoses and belts. Then take your time on doing rims, lift ect.This forum will help you with any questions you may have. Good luck and enjoy your new truck!!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
Tommy Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Mitch
Tommy Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I would take off the steps and restore/paint the faded front bumper and fender flares that really stand out on a black truck.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget to check and see if you can find out when the timing belt was last replaced.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
RT831 is on a distinguished road
RT831's Tacoma Gallery
super lame

Old 03-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
the thing hanging from his spare is a lock yo guys he may want to tighten it up but it has a purpose.....
Old 03-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #9
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT831 View Post
Kindly fuck off

Don't pay the 2-post wonder any mind... I think it looks awesome un-molested (although I would personally lose the steps, but it's up to you). I'd just keep it as it is for now and make sure it's up to speed on routine. The mod bug is bound to bite you at some point when you see one of the many badass trucks on here and you'll know what direction you want to go with it. Other than that awesome truck. Have fun with it.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
EV831's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone, except that **** RT831. Just took off the steps this morning and i also looped up my lock for my spare better so you can't see it hanging there anymore. And as for painting the rims myself anybody got a solid way to do it? And a deck plate mod can someone explain that please?
Old 03-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
Stew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to behold

Name: Stew
Stew's Tacoma Gallery
You'll find the deck plate mod in here and maybe something on painting rims too.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ful-links.html

Always try the search function first or you'll get flamed for laziness. I'm not trying to be a douche like the other poster who ranted about lameness I think your truck looks great, just read all you can before you make any decisions or you're likely to find something you wish you'd done different. And even if you read everything you'll still find better/different ways after the fact.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #12
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV831 View Post
Thanks everyone, except that **** RT831. Just took off the steps this morning and i also looped up my lock for my spare better so you can't see it hanging there anymore. And as for painting the rims myself anybody got a solid way to do it? And a deck plate mod can someone explain that please?

Search for "painting stock rims" and you will find what you seek

Nice looking truck! Welcome to the never ending mods and purchases hehe
Old 03-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #13
EV831's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks everyone. Going to paint my rims soon. Was thinking about blacking out the whole grill too what do you all think?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT831 View Post
that thing looks soo lame.
So does your future here.

To the OP nice truck man. If you do any wheeling I would paint the rims instead of powder coating them. Save you money and you would actually be able to touch them up.

I don't know if you have a 5MT with bucket seats, buy if you do I highly recommend upgrading to an 01-04 center console/cup holder assembly.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #15
TacoBill35 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bill
TacoBill35's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck my 2000 brother!

Note about that cable lock on your spare..
I had the same idea back in 2000, install a lock to prevent someone from jacking the spare. Fast forward to last December, needed the spare, but the lock was rusted shut.
Lessons learned, keep up on the working condition of that lock or get rid of it all together. For me, no more lock.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
EV831's Tacoma Gallery
OK so for painting my rims do i clear coat them afterwards??
Old 03-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #17
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's up to you. They'll look better but make it harder to do touch up if they get nicked up.

I've found that most who have painted their rims on here do not clear coat, but those who do have beautiful looking rims.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
TacomaV6 is on a distinguished road
TacomaV6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

if you like the flat black matte look.
clear coat probably make them stand out more.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #19
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck brings back memories.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #20
Critta93 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Critta93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just picked up this truck today. Bought it from the original owner and everything is stock on it to my belief. I don't know too much so I'm seeing what all you think. My first idea was to powder coat the rims. Just give me some advice. Any other black tacos out there?

3" of lift and 33's. Thats all you need to do to make the yota's look right. and not too too expensive either. go with bilstein 5100 front adjustable struts raised all way up and a 3" block in the rear with new shocks. looks nice