Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

changing dash lights to a different color?

Old 03-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
changing dash lights to a different color?

Has anyone changed all the lights in the truck to a different color? Dash lights an knobs lights? Is it hard? witch size of lights do i need. They are on ebay for cheap . Any pics or links
Old 03-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #2
TacomaV6 is on a distinguished road
TacomaV6's Tacoma Gallery
not sure if its same for trucks. if you gonna change your lights to led I recommend doing a led strips. cause i am sure once you pop out the dash there is maybe around 4-6 bulbs and when you put led your car is going to have hotspots so basically some parts of your dash wont be as bright. you need to do a full converison

p.s the ebay one I tried on my previous car sucks. its not bright and they burn out quick. cheap

http://autolumination.com/74.htm

try this site and see if they have the correct bulbs.

without hotspots
http://www.streetfx.com.au/product_i...eds/supra4.JPG

with hotspots
Old 03-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Try these two links. For the most part just type LED dash lights in the advanced search page and only search under 1st gens. You may find more but this is what I got back when I was browsing for info a few weeks ago.

How to:
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=297

Bulb Sizing:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...types-fyi.html

When I bought bulbs for my interior MAP lights and Dome light, as well as gear shift indicator light, I just bought them all from superbrightleds.com which seems to be pretty quality lighting. Shipping was fast and I think there is a 5% discount coupon I saw floating around on here not long after I bought mine:/ I assume usually eBay light bulbs are either junk or can be potential junk, i.e. they work at first then burn out in maybe 4 months.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
See my sig for my LED build with links to what you need to buy...
Old 03-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
TacoBill35 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bill
TacoBill35's Tacoma Gallery
Just replaced the 2 lights behind the climate control panel with LED's (74-G) from superbrightleds.com. They are super bright for sure as you can see from the 2 bright spots.
The green is a tad off from the dash lights, but close enough for me. Better than the burnt out build I had before.
Attached Thumbnails
changing dash lights to a different color?-photo.jpg