1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AC system complete removal?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ontarioyota, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Mar 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM
    ontarioyota

ontarioyota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    @scott777taco INSTAGRAM
    SW Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2001 Reg Cab 4x4
    Blacked out badges-rims OME lift with 881's & dakar pacs, summer tires=BFG 31x10.5x15 on 93 4runner rims,winter= 265 75 16 DURATRACS on stock steelies,Flowmaster exhaust, deck plate mod, ARB front bumper
    01 reg cab 4x4 2.7 manual....base model with AC as only option!

AC quit late last summer.....thinking it may be compressor.....if so I will not be replacing it.....work truck in Canada

I do not really care if I have AC or not.

If the compressor is shot I am thinking of removing it, condensor, evaporator all refrig lines etc....the whole AC system removed

Want to reduce weight on the front end and create room under the hood.

Stupid idea? Any thoughts/opinions/problems ...I have very limited knowledge about AC systems.

Thanks for any input

2. Mar 11, 2012 at 7:04 AM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    Pretty sure all you need to do is find a smaller belt after you remove it, heck I don't even think you need to remove it.

3. Mar 11, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    You won't remove a ton of weight removing any or all components but it wouldn't be too terribly hard. Just get the system evacuated and go to town.

Products Discussed in

To Top