1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Spray In Bedliner

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Afraz, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Mar 11, 2012 at 5:01 AM
    Afraz

Afraz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab TRD
    Projector H.I.D
    Hey Guys,

What is the best all rounder bedliner ?

I want something strong and durable, which is non slib but not too rubbery to collect dust and particles.

I go fishing and hunting alot and i dont want guts stuck on the crevices in the bed / liner, i kn ow some of them have a rough texture.

I was told of Rhino Liner which costs 800 dollars Canadian - is this cheap ?

Thanks

2. Mar 11, 2012 at 5:03 AM
    06TRDZombieHunter

06TRDZombieHunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    K&N Intake System Port and Polish of TB x2 E3 Diamondfire Sparkplugs 2.5" Leveling kit 32" BFG A/Ts Zombie Response decals Custom painted grill, trim under headlights, scoop, intake and manifold. No more mud flaps, Temp gauge inside intake box, BHLM, extra D-rings in front of bed, No more plastic storage box behind rear seats. More to come.
    LineX is good stuff. I'd like to see if anybody has used the DIY rattle cans though. Sub'd

3. Mar 11, 2012 at 5:31 AM
    Inverno4

Inverno4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 DC Off-Road MT
    Line-X all the way

4. Mar 11, 2012 at 5:36 AM
    GTechoma

GTechoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport DCLB 4WD
    EGR inchannel vent visors, OEM bed mat, Wet Okole front and back seat covers, BFG AT's
    I used to own a Ford F-150 :anonymous: and had the bed Rhino Lined. The lining was tough as nails as we threw all sorts of stuff at it. It was non-slip because it had a noticeable texture to it. That being said, the texture did tend to collect dirt, dust in the crevices. However, a quick spray with the water hose and it cleaned up. I had the liner put in somewhere around 2005/2006 and it was roughly $360 US. I have also heard great things about LineX. I think either way, they both have that textured surface, so you will have whatever you haul "linger" in there until you sweep and/or spray it out.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

5. Mar 11, 2012 at 5:38 AM
    Afraz

Afraz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab TRD
    Projector H.I.D
    360 ? thats crazy cheap. I might as well drive to buffalo and save myself some cash i reckon.

6. Mar 11, 2012 at 5:40 AM
    GTechoma

GTechoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport DCLB 4WD
    EGR inchannel vent visors, OEM bed mat, Wet Okole front and back seat covers, BFG AT's
    Haha, yeah. Although, that was a few years ago. It may have been a little closer to $400, but still better than $800 Canadian. If you have it done, I would be interested to see pics and get your take on how it works out. I've never seen this done on a composite bed. I just bought the Tacoma bed mat and threw in mine for now. But I don't end up hauling much these days.

7. Mar 11, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    BenCO

BenCO Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma DC 4x4
    I did Rhino in my old Tacoma and it was great as far as durability. However after 2-3 years it turned super dull and white. They tried to sell me this stuff to revive it, but I never did.

Got Line X is my new taco, 2 years shiny and black. Personally having owned both I would go Line X. There was no issue with Rhino durability wise, but if you want it to hold its color, go another route IMO. As to cost I had one done in 2000 and the other done in 2010 so not an apples to apples comparison.

8. Mar 11, 2012 at 8:33 AM
    twfsa

twfsa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    881 Front coils, Bilstien 5100's all the way front set to "0" Icon Dynamic's mini leafs in rear, stock tires.
    Here's my thought on the linner who ever sprays it for you tell them to protect the rest of the truck son not to have over spray everywhere. Have read some threads where the truck comes back loaded with over spray.

9. Mar 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    Norton

Norton Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 4x4 V6 6MT, TRD OR & Tow Packages
    Magnuson S/C w/12TRDTacoma's Qwikchange Hub & 2.5" RIP-Modded Pulley, Roostfactor's Pulley Wrap Mod; FPR Mod; JustDSM Tune via HPT MPVI2; mightytacoman Intercooler Tank; aFe POWER Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter; OME Suspension Lift (885 Coils, Dakar Leafs, NitroCharger Sports); TRD Quickshifter w/TRD 6-Spd Knob; TRD Exhaust; NSB-AGM27F Battery w/HKB Adjustable Voltage Booster & Coupe's TRD Battery Hold Down; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Trident904's MT ADM; BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2s on FJ SE Anthracite Rims; N-Fab 6-Step Nerf Bars; BPF TRD Skid, Tow Hook, & Cooling Panel; jsi's Locker Anytime, Up2NoGood's 2Lo Module; ramonortiz55's Always on Power Outlet Relay, ND4's Fog Light Anytime, & Crom's Speed Bleeder Mods; crashnburn80's Ultimate Headlight & Fog Light Upgrades; ThreatLevelMidnight's Wireless Charger; 4Runner 4X4 & FJ Fog Light Switches; redtaco2007-inspired LED License Plate Lights; AudioControl LC2i LOC, JL Audio XD200/2v2 Amp, Focal PS165V1 Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Sub, Hushmat & Noico Sound Insulation; loginfailed-inspired Speedhut Boost & AFR Gauges in a Lotek Pillar Pod; Ltd Auto-Dim/Compass/Temp/Backup Camera/Homelink mirror on ImMrYo's Mirror Lift Bracket; TacomaBeast Glove Box & Console Organizers; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; mesojdm's Ultimate LED Dome & Map Lights & GASSHOLE; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Mobtown Offroad Locking Bed Storage Doors; Toyota Bed Mat; Cali Raised Led Bed Stiffeners; Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock w/TacomaTruckParts Support Bracket; ARE Z-Series Cap, SolarGard Tint; BlendMounted & MirrorTapped Uniden R3; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
    In addition to what you learn here, recommend checking out the multitude of existing threads on this topic. That said, I went with Rhino on my current Tacoma and my previous '92 (Toyota) Pickup. I was/am happy with both.

10. Mar 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
  11. Mar 14, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    YotaKid62

YotaKid62 Dirty mall crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma TRD Sr5 5 speed
    Grey Wire Locker Mod, 3" coil spacers & custom leaf packs, 2" BL, Skyjacker rear nitro shocks, Monroe front gas shocks; 15" eclipse sub & 1400 watt visonik amp with Kenwood stereo, Billet Petals, Black Aries series Grille guard, ebay baja lights (unsure of brand)
    I read and it said spray gun not included FYI. I also wanna do this and ditch my plastic bed liner. I've heard they collect rust, and I want somethin less slippery for haulin' dirtbikes. but first i wanna do the bottom half of my rocker panels and undersides of my fenders.

12. Mar 14, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    Thanks just caught that too. You can get the spray gun for $16

13. Mar 14, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    Professional Liners I like Linex. DIY liners Raptor is the best IMO. I used it on my trailer project and it's been good. The finish is SO MUCH better than Herculiner or Durabak and other DIY liners.

Products Discussed in

To Top