1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shaking rear and gear shifter shake!!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by hillinsan, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Mar 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    hillinsan

hillinsan [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Beavercreek,OR
    Vehicle:
    tacoma 4wd TRD
    So I woke up to a lot of snow this morning and got a load of pellets for my stove. When I got ready to go to work after unloading the pellets, and i got on the blacktop that had no snow I noticed My back end shaking up and down a lot and my automatic gear shifter shaking. Can anyone help me out as to whats going on with my Tacoma?

2. Mar 14, 2012 at 5:40 AM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's on all four corners. Front set @ 0 with OME 883x coils. Alcon leaf springs. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. ARE Shell. America Outlaw Wheels.
    I have the same shaking in the gear shifter. As for the shaking in the rear. I would starte by checking your tires for any separation, then check the psi is the same in each tire, check the lug nuts. If that is all fine starte checking you u joints ect.

3. Mar 14, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    Wild Card

Wild Card Truck yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Portland, MI
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD SR5 4x4 V6 Xtra Cab 5spd
    6" Deckplate. Trimmed TB gasket. Grey wire. Disable DRL's.
    Snow in the wheels and tread will make the wheels off-balance. See what happens when it melts. Drive for a while to sling/melt it off. I bet your shaking will magically disappear.

4. Mar 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    hillinsan

hillinsan [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Beavercreek,OR
    Vehicle:
    tacoma 4wd TRD
    Ok so I believe my rear driver side shock is blown, I pushed down repeatedly on my back bumper and noticed the bounce in the drivers side. I replaced the front shocks with bilstien 5100's. and was going to wait awhile to do the rear. After shacking the back end I drove to the store and it went away. My shocks werent bouncy until after I had the heavy load. And then after pushing down It went away. I know the shocks are toast so going to replace with bilstien 5100 for the rear this weekend. Does anyone have any coupon codes for toytec?

Products Discussed in

To Top