Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

painting chrome bumpers

Old 12-16-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
ham-biscuits5000 is on a distinguished road
ham-biscuits5000's Tacoma Gallery
painting chrome bumpers

Have any of Y'all used spray in bed liner on a bumper before?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #2
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
yes. Do it. If you do not, YOu will have chrome
Old 12-16-2008, 07:40 AM   #3
do you have pics?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
tacomaman06 has done it... I'd give ya a link but I'm on my phone...
Old 12-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #5
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no but trust me, its worth it..use herculiner on the rear as it is most durable. just be careful because if you f*ck it up it looks like crap.

wheres my ham biscuit?
Old 12-16-2008, 08:03 AM   #6
The guy at LINE-X said it would not stick to chrome?
Old 12-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #7
Rock Solid Toy

i did it, and it is sticking fine.. i did a really crappy job too.. there are spots everywhere.. but herculiner WILL NOT come off no matter what dude so...
Old 12-16-2008, 08:07 AM   #8
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ham-biscuits5000 View Post
The guy at LINE-X said it would not stick to chrome?
if you scuff it up real good with some sand paper and then clean it with some accetone it should stick just fine
Old 12-16-2008, 08:09 AM   #9
Country Ham or City Ham on your biscuit?
Old 12-16-2008, 08:12 AM   #10
Rock Solid Toy

im good for a cow girl
Old 12-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #11
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Will's Build

tacomaman06 aka will build thread has pics, send him a pm or I'm sure he'll post up later for ya!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...s-build-8.html
Old 12-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #12
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
I painted my bumpers (twice) on my F350, once I carefully sanded them down, used real (two stage) automotive paint, and a couple years later they started flaking off. So, I stripped them with a sand balster to bare metal primed 'em, and sprayed them again. IMO that's the foolproof way to get paint to adhere to a (formally) chrome bumper.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:57 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
tacomaman06 aka will build thread has pics, send him a pm or I'm sure he'll post up later for ya!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...s-build-8.html
aight......im home from work now!

the guy at line-x lied if he says bedliner wont stick to chrome!! when i did mine............as you can see in my build thread, i prepped them the right way, then brushed the herculiner on. it hasnt gona anywhere, and this was a few months ago when i did it!