Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2 annoying issues with my truck...gotta figure them out.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #21
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
goodluck with everything Will!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
goodluck with everything Will!
thanks man..................its annoying, so i gotta figure it out asap. thanks for your ideas bro!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #23
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
I can not imagine hitting a pot hole so hard that you warp your rotor. Im not saying its impossible but I have never heard anyone directly relate hitting a pot hole to a warped rotor. Usually they warp because of excesive breaking or rapid cooling like hitting water.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #24
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
I can not imagine hitting a pot hole so hard that you warp your rotor. Im not saying its impossible but I have never heard anyone directly relate hitting a pot hole to a warped rotor. Usually they warp because of excesive breaking or rapid cooling like hitting water.
i had never thought that either.............but i learned a good while back with the wifes honda accord......she hit a speed bump running 45mph, and it warped those rotors pretty bad. when i replced them one morning....then drove the car...everything was fine.

i think maybe,with hitting that massive pothole, if not warping the rotor....it may have actually bent it a bit. and with that....the wheel will be outta round too.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #25
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i had never thought that either.............but i learned a good while back with the wifes honda accord......she hit a speed bump running 45mph, and it warped those rotors pretty bad. when i replced them one morning....then drove the car...everything was fine.

i think maybe,with hitting that massive pothole, if not warping the rotor....it may have actually bent it a bit. and with that....the wheel will be outta round too.
And thats what I would think to but the way wheels are designed I think they should take a lot more of the Damage than the rotor or even other suspensoin components should also absorb a lot more of the damage.