1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LEAF spring help!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Jsimp, Apr 1, 2012.

1. May 15, 2013 at 2:55 AM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    All we're trying to do is eliminate factors. You can't do that until you try something different. Maybe they'll break. Maybe they'll last another 120k miles. But you can't repeat the same thing over and over and expect different results

2. May 15, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    Hey guys I have a stock 01 DC TRD 2WD.
    I'm wanting to add some height. Should I go with Donahoe Coilovers in the front, along with Bilstein 5100 in the rear w/ an 8 pack leaf spring. Would that get me lifter at least 2.5" and Level?

I'm new to this stuff, I'm looking for quality and dependability. Not to mention a smooth ride.

Or should I go with a lift kit like Daystar, or Procomp, ready lift...?

Thanks for the help!!!????

3. May 15, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    Do your own research on these kits or start your own thread but we're trying to help the OP here on his issue. Please don't thread-jack

Products Discussed in

To Top