Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

coil over kit for bilstein 5100

Old 04-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
coil over kit for bilstein 5100

i was wondering if i could use ome coils to go over the 5100 or you have to put the coil over kit for bilstein, some people told me you could just put the old coils back im not to sure what to do, give me your advices.
i want to do it right from the start
Old 04-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Banned
evh5150 will become famous soon enough
Name: Eddie
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
Search search search. That is one of the most asked ???? on here bro
Old 04-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
You can use your original coils (OEM) on the 5100's. Lots of ppl do. You can also use OME coils (Old Man Emu) which are a little bit nicer than the original coils.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
yes OP you can use OME coils with the billies good luck!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
ok great thanks!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post

Then give the man an answer...pops...instead of acting like a douchebag.

Perhaps you should read through this:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sit...me-speech.html
Old 04-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

This......although I resent the pops comment....
Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
This......although I represent the pops comment....
As do I.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
As do I.
i happen to be the same age as him
Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
frog

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

thank you i hate feeling like an idiot, im happy to be a part of TW and i am sure it will bring me much pleasure with my tacoma build, and as the message said im new to forums and dont know much about it but ill get the hang of it oh and by the way im french so sorry if my grammar is poor!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtoz View Post
thank you i hate feeling like an idiot, im happy to be a part of TW and i am sure it will bring me much pleasure with my tacoma build, and as the message said im new to forums and dont know much about it but ill get the hang of it oh and by the way im french so sorry if my grammar is poor!
No reason to apologise for any spelling/grammer issues. Im American, and spell worse than many people that never spoke the language.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
03 taco is on a distinguished road
03 taco's Tacoma Gallery
post some pics of your truck with the 5100 on. i would like to do the same thing. thanks
Old 04-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #14
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
hell I am in the same ol boat, I def need new struts and have to fig out what is best. if its too high up or rides too ruff the ol lady will bitch! ( wait, she just said she wont ride with me anymore, win, win!)
and there are no stupid questions we all started at some level and at different ages with cars and trucks. I used to be pretty good changing and setting points and condensers. how many people remember those damn things!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #15
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
This......although I resent the pops comment....
Quote:
As do I.

psshhh, wait till they're calling you Gramps....
Old 04-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #16
frog

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 taco View Post
post some pics of your truck with the 5100 on. i would like to do the same thing. thanks
they are back order untill june :/
Old 04-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #17
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
I did 5100's with my original coils. Very happy with it, rides nice and it was really simple.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for that info...(above).... btw your truck looks great.
it has a nice stance but its not over done.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #20
03 taco is on a distinguished road
03 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone help! Just wondering are bilsteins 5100 and the eibach coils rougher ride than the stock coils or the same? Which height do you set the bilsteins at? I wanted to level my 2003 4x4 xtra cab with set up and a procomp aal. Is this a good set up? Tell me what you think. Thanks