LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

CV's leaking!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #21
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I or ready got boots. I ordered the ones from Downey offroad. There sapposed to be better, more flexible, reliable. Pretty much made for lifted trucks with higher CV angles. But thanks anyways man!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #22
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I finally decided to just wait on the boots until I get my toytec 3" coil lift and new shocks for my truck. That way it can all be done at the same time.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:57 PM   #23
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Well, I or ready got boots. I ordered the ones from Downey offroad. There supposed to be better, more flexible, reliable. Pretty much made for lifted trucks with higher CV angles. But thanks anyways man!
Just looked at Downey, No such luck for the 2nd gens.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:58 AM   #24
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
I wouldent wait, thats the thats the crazyist thing Iv ever heard of.... yes its a pain in the ass to change the boots I just did it... But common rule is, if stuff is coming out, stuff can get in. and the last thing you want inside of a CV boot is dirt and or water.!!

So change it asap.

thats my 2cents!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #25

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I know. I will have them changed as soon as I can. The weather here has been crazy! So I cant really go anywhere, with all the snow and ice. So as soon as conditions get better, I'll defenately get them done.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #26

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Could I try to tighten up the clamp a little and see If it helps the leak. Or will it make it just worse?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #27
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
there not like hose clamps U need a blunt set of cutting pliers or the special tool to clamp them. just be watchful of what you drive thru.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #28

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I decided not too mess with them. I can't go anywhere anyways, Im pretty much snowed in. lol..