Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

tacoma motor swap

Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
kaino22 is on a distinguished road
Name: kaino
kaino22's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma motor swap

im beginning the processes of swapping a 350 into my 1998 tacoma. i also play to sas it soon as the motor swap is done.
my question is can i use my toyota t case? i know the tacomas are drivers side and chevys are passanger i believe? i have a motor lined up and it comes with a 4 spd manual tranny. would this bolt up? any conversion kits?
thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaino22 View Post
im beginning the processes of swapping a 350 into my 1998 tacoma.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
WOW! More power to ya! (it's punny)

I have no data to back this up and am completely taking a swag, but I imagine a 350 puts out enough torque to mess up a stock transfercase, especially when planning to SAS (and probably mob the hell out of it offroad)
Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaino22 View Post
im beginning the processes of swapping a 350 into my 1998 tacoma. i also play to sas it soon as the motor swap is done.
my question is can i use my toyota t case? i know the tacomas are drivers side and chevys are passanger i believe? i have a motor lined up and it comes with a 4 spd manual tranny. would this bolt up? any conversion kits?
thanks
I have no clue, but welcome to TW from Beaveron, Oregon!