Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ordering new Brake pad from Advance(help)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
bpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud of
Name: Jon
bpkrules's Tacoma Gallery
Ordering new Brake pad from Advance(help)

Just wondering which set yall think I should get. For the front. I have no brake upgrades. The prices range from 10-105$. I want to do the tundra brake upgrade in the future so I dont want to spend to much on pads that I will be replaceing 6months later.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...ip2HomeClicked=
Old 04-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
We carry quality rotors and pads for your truck.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomabrakes.htm
Old 04-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to replace them in 6 months, go cheap. No need to spend a ton of money on a throw away part. If you plan on keeping the pads for a while, Autozone has a lifetime warranty on brake pads. I spent $50 on a set of ceramic pads and they're warrantied for life. If I wear out the pads, I bring them back and they give me a new set.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
bpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud of
Thanks, but I would like to pick them up today as it is the only time I have for the next few weeks to do the install.
I will get brakes from yall when I do my tundra upgrade.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
If you're going to replace them in 6 months, go cheap. No need to spend a ton of money on a throw away part. If you plan on keeping the pads for a while, Autozone has a lifetime warranty on brake pads. I spent $50 on a set of ceramic pads and they're warrantied for life. If I wear out the pads, I bring them back and they give me a new set.
Might just go by autozone then. Thanks
Old 04-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpkrules View Post
Might just go by autozone then. Thanks
No problem. They have a cheaper option also. The ones I bought were the $50 ceramic pads. There was a semi-metallic version for around $30, same warranty. I've got a second gen so my pricing might be a little different but probably only by a buck or two.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
I went with advance auto b/c you can pay online and capitalone gives 8%extra back with them. So i got these for 42+tax, minus 20$ mail-in rebate. So I'm happy!
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...R%7CGRPBRCOAMS_____

Products Discussed in this Thread