I've got some questions and hope you all can help me out!
First of all I own a 2001 Tacoma Limited SR5 /w TRD package 3.4L V6 Manual Trans.
I want to change my transmission fluid, the 2.2 -2.3 qt change. I've searched for hours and couldn't really find a great post on the fill and drain plug locations on my transmission. So, I've attached some pics. The first pic (fill plug?) is from the drivers side and the second and third pics (drain plug?) are from the passenger side. Maybe some of you can shed some light on my situation.
Also, I had originally thought that my truck would have a trans dip stick but it doesn't so I believe changing the trans will be like changing fluids in my diffs. Right?
So, once I figure out about the plug situation I have other questions.
I got these crush washer numbers from a thread about a 2005 tacoma... was hoping it'd work for my 2001.
1. Are the crush washers for the tranny and transfer case plugs, part no: 90430-18008 x2?
2. Crush washer part no's: 12157-10010 and 90430-24003 for the front diff plugs?
3. Crush washers part no: 12157-10010 x2 for the rear diff plugs?
4. Can I use Red Line MT-90 for the trans and Red Line 75w90NS for the rest?
5. Is this fairly simple for a novice? I mean, I've read up on it and believe I understand everything.
Thanks, hope we can get some answers!