Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Factory keyless entry

Old 04-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
TacoTuck is on a distinguished road

TacoTuck's Tacoma Gallery
Factory keyless entry

I recently bought a 2001 extra cab tacoma (TRD , sr5) that has every option from power door locks to power sunroof. The PO didn't give us a key fob and I am unsure if my truck has keyless entry. I noticed that it has a small red led light on the left side of the dash.

What is the best way to see if my truck has keyless entry or not? Or an alarm of some sort? It seems thy since I had every option possible that it should has keyless entry.

I have a random Toyota fob laying around that I would us if it has keyless entry.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #2

Anybody?

Is there any dead giveaways that my truck does have keyless entry?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
To be continued...
Gorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gorillazrus's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ess-entry.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ess-entry.html

According to this factory keyless didn't happen until 2003
Could have an aftermarket system
Here's some tips to help to find it, It's about alarms but the princable is the same.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...going-off.html

P.S. search button is your friend
Old 04-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #4

Ok thanks. I got my hopes up that it had keyless entry.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 99 that has the RS3000 keyless/alarm that was installed at the dealer when the previous owner bough it new. So it could be a dealer installed keyless/alarm. Or, its an aftermarket alarm. Best thing ot do is follow the wiring fom the LED light and try to find the alarm brain.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKTRD View Post
I have a 99 that has the RS3000 keyless/alarm that was installed at the dealer when the previous owner bough it new. So it could be a dealer installed keyless/alarm. Or, its an aftermarket alarm. Best thing ot do is follow the wiring fom the LED light and try to find the alarm brain.
x2 i have the same system installed on my 2000. remote has toyota emblem on it
Old 04-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If the light is also a button then it is the securikey+. Here is a pic of what my button looks like and where it is located. It is just above the fuse panel.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the rs3000 has a small light and beeper thats mounts beside the steering wheel on the left side of the steering wheel. mounts in a slot like the button for clutch cancel or trd locker button
Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #10

The red LED light is not a button, just a light but it never is on or blinks.

-Since my truck has the LED red light, does that mean my truck is equipped with an alarm?

-Why does the little red light never blink?

-Can I get a factory keyless entry set up somehow?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTuck View Post
The red LED light is not a button, just a light but it never is on or blinks.

-Since my truck has the LED red light, does that mean my truck is equipped with an alarm?

-Why does the little red light never blink?

-Can I get a factory keyless entry set up somehow?

take a picture of the light you speak of so we all can see it and possibly help you more
Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #12

I will get a picture tomorrow hopefully but it's just a red LED light in between the TRD button and the clutch cancel start button. It's just like a normal alarm light in most newer vehicles.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
If the light is also a button then it is the securikey+. Here is a pic of what my button looks like and where it is located. It is just above the fuse panel.

My 1998 has this alarm system. It was factory installed but, built by Audiovox (I think).

Look at my thread here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...98-tacoma.html

On my 1998, it has a black box sensor on the firewall right above the gas pedal. This sensor is for the shock detector and has a small flat head screw driver set screw that says increase or decrease.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
hossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud of
hossmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know how to completely disable the securikey+ alarm? I haven't used mine in over 6 years but it will randomly arm itself about 1 or 2 times a month. No biggie, just noisy.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #15
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossmaster View Post
Anyone know how to completely disable the securikey+ alarm? I haven't used mine in over 6 years but it will randomly arm itself about 1 or 2 times a month. No biggie, just noisy.
You might be able to just pull the brain out. You have to dig under the dash for it but it isn't too difficult to get to.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #16
FordNutz is on a distinguished road
Army: Sp4 B co 307th Attack Helicopter Battalion
Name: Paul
FordNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013 Tacoma 4x4 access cab. Pretty much a strip down model. Has power windows/locks AC and touch screen radio/cd player. It can with no key fobs. My question is, did they get cheap and not issue them like they did floor mats and i can just get one myself and program it? Or did they not install something to keep the price lower?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #17
nigglewiggle60 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nigel
nigglewiggle60's Tacoma Gallery
Just call your dealer and give them the VIN #. They can tell you if keyless was installed before sale.

The history on keyless with the tacoma is that there wasn't any. What they did is at the buyers request took a Toyota compatable system from one of their other vehicles and installed it in the tacoma. The model RS3000 keyless/alarm is what was used. Good luck finding one at the dealer.

Judging by your picture it looks as if you may have an aftermarket alarm. Hopefully it was installed right. That is my pet peeve on buying modified vehicles, people splicing into the stock wire harness and hacking up other parts of the truck. I like always starting stock.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
OP u more than likely have an rs3200 installed. the brain should be behind the driver side kick panel.
my write up can shed some light...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...o-antenna.html