LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5.7 V8 engine fitting?

Old 04-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
toyota for life is on a distinguished road
toyota for life's Tacoma Gallery
5.7 V8 engine fitting?

I have the 2004 toyota tacoma, the older body style, has any one heard of the new toyota tundra engine, there 5.7 v8 fitting in the older tacoma and if the transmission would fit with it?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Anything can be done with enough money.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard Toyota actually sells the tundras, so... you know... theres that
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure the trans will not fit up to it or hold up to the power and torque of the 5.7.

As for the engine bay... The 5.7 is a beast and you may need to relocate the radiator and go with an electric fan, beef up the frame/motor mounts. Oh, and then there is all the electrical work you'd have to do.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
this it true, I just thought of the idea, v8 taco would just be nice, but toyota must have not had the idea to do it yet.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
or the market...
Old 04-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
fuck the market, shit is over rated. time to upgraded haha
Old 04-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota for life View Post
this it true, I just thought of the idea, v8 taco would just be nice, but toyota must have not had the idea to do it yet.
Why would a V8 Taco be nice? The current 4.0 puts out plenty of power.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #10
i just think more power the more fun lol, just an idea..
Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #11
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
A v8 taco is a tundra. Have you seen the size of the tacomas now? As big as te tundra was in 2001... It's no longer a mini truck platform by any means.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
yeah you got a point there, you got me thinking now, then i might have to super charge that tundra. good idea man
Old 04-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
Banned
Quote:
i just think more power the more fun lol, just an idea..
They make these for power:

Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #14
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not to mention the tundra is a better platform for almost all things truck worthy.

It has more power, better mpg, better towing, nicer looks, better interior and has almost as large of an aftermarket following.

I would trade mine for a tundra in a heartbeat.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #15
taco me elmo, i have to say sick truck, i love that front emblem that is sick, how much money you got in that?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
Not to mention the 1st gen tundra is a better platform for almost all things truck worthy.

It has more power, better mpg, better towing, nicer looks, better interior and has almost as large of an aftermarket following.

I would trade mine for a 1st gen tundra in a heartbeat.
fixed that for ya
Old 04-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
I'm going to have to trade my truck in for one, I'm just sick of the 2.7 4 cyl, its has like no parts for it lol
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #18
Who needs roads?

I got it from adres the devil horn group buy guy.

It's off the truck now and is for sale.

I put a 8inch hid in its place.

An yea the early 2000s tundras are beast!

I almost bought one in 2001 when I sold toyotas.

It was going to be almost $35k when I was done with te add ons!!! Hahaha
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #19
Who needs roads?

Quote:
I'm going to have to trade my truck in for one, I'm just sick of the 2.7 4 cyl, its has like no parts for it lol
Turbo it!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #20
it wouldn't go good on my truck, my truck has no balls what so ever lol

Products Discussed in this Thread