1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Head unit wiring HELP

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Jsimp, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Apr 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    Jsimp

Jsimp [OP] WV, VA, NC places i roam in the Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Winchester VA
    Vehicle:
    02 4runner
    E-Locker swapped! Limited swapppppp
    i just installed a new head unit in my truck. the wiring of it is a little fishy. i have a 99 Tacoma that already had a alpine head unit in it. does anyone know a good wire diagram? or know why the stereo wires have anything to do with the door locks not working? im going to try to get some pictures up for some help.

what im really having the problem with is the memory, door locks, and the correct B+ wire and ACC wire. thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Apr 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    YotaKid62

YotaKid62 Dirty mall crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma TRD Sr5 5 speed
    Grey Wire Locker Mod, 3" coil spacers & custom leaf packs, 2" BL, Skyjacker rear nitro shocks, Monroe front gas shocks; 15" eclipse sub & 1400 watt visonik amp with Kenwood stereo, Billet Petals, Black Aries series Grille guard, ebay baja lights (unsure of brand)
    when my stock head unit blew out, it was blowing fuses that also made the door locks, and dome light quit. To me it's worth it to just have an audio place do it. They told me that some different head units require different wiring harnesses, and i'm not good with wiring so i just had it done. I would just ask them for some advice.

Products Discussed in

To Top