Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question Regarding High Angle CV Boots

Old 04-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #21
..Slingin' up mud and we're scarying off bunnies..
186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
186000mps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomadude89 View Post
Thanks for the info Cory! I'll do a little more research on the 930 type and let you know if I have any other questions.

Thanks again.

I've noticed that in the description of a lot of these aftermarket boots, that it requires you to cut off the end of the original boot (the part the large clamp goes around), and then the new boot slides over the flange of the cut OE boot if that makes sense.
^ Thats what I ended up doing...didn't see any reference to that at the time...it wa5 the only thing I could do to get back rolling again...still have the other side when the need arises.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #23
Tacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
Tacomadude89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
If u have a torn boot just pull whole half shaft go to auto zone and use the old one for core charge, and get a new replacement. Lifetime warranty! Even if a boot tears the replace it! As long as u keep the box lol.
I thought of that, but I think I'd like a tougher made boot on there so it doesn't it happen as often. Even if they get replaced for free, there's still there hassel of removal and reassembly each time and to me, it's worth it to do it less often just for that reason even if it's a little more money out of my pocket.

Anyway, regarding the boots from NW Offroad, they are $17.95 each. I asked a bit about them and they said they are an OEM fit, the material is much stronger than stock and that they've sold hundreds of them with no negative feedback.

The past couple of days I did come across another set that are high angle from Offroad Solutions, see here: http://www.offroadsolutions.com/old/...onversion.html

Their site is currently INOP, but I did recieve a response back from a rep who told me that I could PayPal them if I wanted to purchase a set. I think for now I'm going to go with the NW boots, do the boot slide mod to them and see how they hold up. I like the idea of these high angle boots sold by Offroad Solutions, but for over $100 including shipping, I'm not sure if they are really going to be that much better than the NW boots especially after doiong the boot slide mod to them which I would do to the ORS boots anyway. We'll see. If these NW boots don't hold up for long, than I'll give the Offroad Solutions boots a shot.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #26
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma dude. I know its been awhile since the last post. But im curious as to what you did about your boots. Did you replace both boots per axle and with what brand of boot?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #27
DD03SR5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Derek
DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd I need some new inner boots never really noticed but my passenger side inner boot has a zip tie on the large part of the boot
Old 09-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #28
TallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Army: FiSTers bring it fast and hard!
Name: Charles
TallTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Updates on the NW Offroad boot?