Notices

Items disappearing form son's truck

Old 04-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
USCG
TACOTWENTY4 is on a distinguished road

Name: James
TACOTWENTY4's Tacoma Gallery
Items disappearing form son's truck

My son will be 16 nxt week. I picked him up a '98 TRD off road in Dec. Seems like every other week something is missing from the truck. I guess he's making it his own.
He has removed the following;
canopy
bug deflector
front mud flaps
fender flares
trd sticker
blk molding strip from the sides
rain protectors from the rear windows

He had added a new stereo with all the perks and y'day he stripped the clearcoat off the wheels and polished them. Next week he gets a tool box for his birthday. He intends on lift and new wheels/tires as he works during the summer. Here's the truck right after we got it. I'll post a pic later on down the road as he finishes it.
Attached Thumbnails
Items disappearing form son's truck-canopy.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
USCG
TACOTWENTY4 is on a distinguished road

Name: James
TACOTWENTY4's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to add, as much as I hated those items coming off the truck, it actually looks better. If anyone needs a canopy around Astoria, Oregon he's wanting to get $400 for it. Thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 04-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
nice of ya to buy him a Taco. At least he hasn't cut off the roof!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Ah dont sweat it pops. Thats what i would hear. At least he has interest in it.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Some people like to take all the trim/stickers/stuff off and some don't! It's all a matter or taste (I am in the latter camp...covered in stickers and I still have all my trim stuff).

Just wait til he really starts throwing money at the thing with new suspension and armour and such hah!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOTWENTY4 View Post
My son will be 16 nxt week. I picked him up a '98 TRD off road in Dec.
Nice dad!

Quote:
fender flares
If he wants to sell those flares, and they're in good shape, I would be interested.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Hell, I thought somebody was stealing items off of your son's truck when I read the title
Old 05-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
Badges will be next i bet!
+1

I'm in the camp of no badges, no stickers, no decals...

...clean and mean
Old 05-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
I think i'm gonna derp mine or paint them sometime to match with my black theme I have going.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
I think i'm gonna derp mine or paint them sometime to match with my black theme I have going.
I'm going to color match mine with the Sunfire Red Pearl

I see a truck around town, same color with color matched flares and black wheels...

So sick looking
Old 05-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Dad, back in 1980 mine was trying to suggest a " pinto would make a good car".... Not! (I had already earned the money for my first one anyway)
Old 05-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #14
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I have a 1st gen supercharger for 1,500 plus shipping has 40k on it nothing wrong with it at all I have a second gen taco so does me no good
Old 05-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #15
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
as much as I hated those items coming off the truck, it actually looks better
Well I think it's cool that you're letting him do whatever he wants to the truck and not giving him a fuse about it. I think he's just trying to clean it up with less clutter and remove things that only retirees would worry about (bug deflectors, rain guards), and adding his own personality to the truck.

Quote:
Next week he gets a tool box for his birthday.
My suggestion would be he's gonna want a box slim and black. Don't get him one of those huge silver aluminum contractor boxes, he'll hate it.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #16
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Yamaha Dave;5025564]Well I think it's cool that you're letting him do whatever he wants to the truck and not giving him a fuse about it. I think he's just trying to clean it up with less clutter and remove things that only retirees would worry about (bug deflectors, rain guards), and adding his own personality to the truck.
retirees
Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #17
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
retirees

Just keeping it real lol wasn't trying to offend anyone. Most 16 year olds aren't worried about getting bugs on their hood or a little rain in their face.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
things that only retirees would worry about (bug deflectors, rain guards)
Hey! Watch it, Pal
Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #19
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Your son could be spending his money on worse things.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Hey! Watch it, Pal

Calm down guys, don't get your adult diapers in a wad...

Kidding it's all in good fun. One day I'll be there too.