Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

removing the shitty Trail master lift 97

Old 04-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
yamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tyler
yamahahauler's Tacoma Gallery
removing the shitty Trail master lift 97

If anyone has removed this lift i would like to know some tips or should i just giver her hell! Never done suspension before but im not an idiot. never owned a taco before this. proud owner now and if anyone has upper control arms for sale that would be great i need them
Old 05-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahahauler View Post
If anyone has removed this lift i would like to know some tips or should i just giver her hell! Never done suspension before but im not an idiot. never owned a taco before this. proud owner now and if anyone has upper control arms for sale that would be great i need them
I have a set of stock UCAs that I recently took off the truck. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
To remove the fail master drop bracket lift (I assume that's what it is?), you'll need to do a little welding too I think. All in all it's rather involved compared to removing a spacer set or something.

It is still better than keeping that POS on though...DBs are bad news.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
yamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
well first off im going to try to sell this rig and possibly pick up a stock tacoma.. there is a couple in my area that look like good candidates. If i cant sell it for what im asking then im going to take the time and take off the lift and weld in the 2nd crossmember in and hope its straight. doesnt seem like to much work just time and money i need UCAs and smaller tires.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
not sure i know if i end up keeping my rig im going to change the oil and rebuild it as much as i can the truck only has 146k and im sure that someone put the TRD supercharger on later
Old 05-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I thought this over a bit. Here's what you do:

1. Remove supercharger.
2. Sell truck. That Fail Master lift is practically irreversible.
3. Buy another 1st gen Tacoma with a V6.
4. Install supercharger. Add other modifications as you want.
5. ????
6. Profit.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
can you just remove the supercharger...is it that simple would i have to buy bigger injectors for the new truck?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #9

Quote:
can you just remove the supercharger...is it that simple would i have to buy bigger injectors for the new truck?
My understanding was that the TRD supercharger is entirely bolt on.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
ive been running like 8 to 10..i didnt want to hurt the motor and just wanted to make it last
Old 05-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #12
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
the superchargers for the first generation tacomas do not come with larger injectors. And if the previous owner did a trail master lift I doubt they put in bigger injectors. You can pull the SC off without any consquences
Old 05-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #13
Coolidge will become famous soon enough

Name: Guy
Coolidge's Tacoma Gallery
It CAN BE DONE. Here is the link to my 03 Traildisaster lift to stock removal:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-can-done.html
Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #14
i just sold the truck today..... found a stock truck a year newer and i bought it alredy... i started putting the back shocks on about 10 minues ago.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #15
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just sold the truck today..... found a stock truck a year newer and i bought it alredy... i started putting the back shocks on about 10 minues ago.
I think you made the right choice.