Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New or used and where from?

Old 04-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Browncoat
Stoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to all

Stoic's Tacoma Gallery
New or used and where from?

I just bought my 04 Tacoma after seeing a listing on eBay. I didn't buy it off of eBay, but drove the 100 miles to the seller and made the deal in person.

I paid Angie's List an extra $20 to add Orlando, FL to my list so I could get a good mechanic to look it over first. Found out it needed $600-700 worth of mechanical work (turned into $850 at my mechanic) but the report helped me talk the price down at least that much.

So did you buy yours new or used, online or from an ad or dealer?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
I Am Batman!
Asta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
Asta's Tacoma Gallery
Used found it on craigslist in jackson talked to the guy some drove the 4 hours there test drove it came back and checked on some things the went and bought it a week later and got to drive it all the way back. only got pulled over once for not having a license plate by a state trooper but he was fine when we told him we just bought it
Old 04-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Wife works for Southeast Toyota. Employee price no hassle.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
cl... guy was havin a kid and needed to get rid of it asap. perfect timing :-)
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
I'm 10 years old but I'll still BEAT your ass!!
TacoLovR is on a distinguished road

Name: Nat
TacoLovR's Tacoma Gallery
Bought used with 95k miles. Supposedly used for a farm truck. It actually had hay inside the cab when I bought it. However, 6 months after purchase realized it had front end damage and was repaired. Still love her!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Found mine on CL with 47k miles on it. Emailed back and fourth a few times. Found out he was moving to Minnesota and didn't want to ship two cars, so they shipped their prius instead. Took a look/test drove it and then bought it two days later. I never did get it inspected by a mechanic. Only thing I can think of that is wrong with it is the steering rack bushings/frowning leaf springs.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Bought it used... one year after production.... I think there was 8000 miles on it

Previous owner had to get out of the payments and I bought it for pretty cheap.

My friend owns a shop in town, they looked it over and it was in mint condition.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
Used with 150k. Craigslist. Drove to CT for it.
Where in VT are you?

I used to live in Burlington from 91-94

lol... I see I just made your sig too!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Used at a dealer, last saturday before the end of the month listed at 15,995 with 84k on it
Turned out it only had 54k and somebody made a typo ended up getting it for 13k OTD.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
Used at a dealer, last saturday before the end of the month listed at 15,995 with 84k on it
Turned out it only had 54k and somebody made a typo ended up getting it for 13k OTD.
lol, wow.

nice.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Craig's List, 94,000 miles
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
BVCOTaco is on a distinguished road
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
02 Tacoma TRD 4x4 bought off of CL with 140k. Was used as a work truck, so a lot of little dings and scratches. Paid $6200. But within 4,000 miles ended up having to change out the timing belt, water pump, steering rack, valve cover gaskets and new CV boots. But for the good deal I got, figured I would have to repair some things!