LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Good Price

Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
WVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
WVTacoma08's Tacoma Gallery
Good Price

TW gurus...

1st off I have an '08 Auto 4dr 4x4 TRD Sport that I love.

2nd Looking a getting 1st Gen Auto '02 4dr 4x4 TRD Offroad w/ 65K mi. Truck is in great shape & has all service records. Asking $15,700. Looking to purchase to have as a "trail/offroad truck"....some place the '08 does not get (she is babied).

Fair price? What's opinions?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
For an '02 thats kinda high, even with only 65k.

More like $12k
Old 05-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
My parents bought a 01' about 3-4 years ago with 95,XXX on it. 4dr TRD OR auto. It went for $16k I think. So....IMO that isn't a bad deal for one with that low of miles. Its a fair price, I wouldn't say a good one though. Toyota's resale value is up there, so you might be able to get it for may $15k maybe $14.5k. I think $12k is a little low for these trucks with that low of miles.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
That's pretty steep for a trail rig/beater. You're probably better off looking for an older pickup or 4Runner. They're also easier to SAS.
Exactly!
With that money buy a used older 1st gen tacoma or a SA toyota pickup then load it up with aftermarket goodies.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ms View Post
Exactly!
With that money buy a used older 1st gen tacoma or a SA toyota pickup then load it up with aftermarket goodies.
Or buy 1st gen 4-runner that already has a SA front end
Old 05-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
My parents bought a 01' about 3-4 years ago with 95,XXX on it. 4dr TRD OR auto. It went for $16k I think. So....IMO that isn't a bad deal for one with that low of miles. Its a fair price, I wouldn't say a good one though. Toyota's resale value is up there, so you might be able to get it for may $15k maybe $14.5k. I think $12k is a little low for these trucks with that low of miles.
I agree with this guy on price

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
That's pretty steep for a trail rig/beater. You're probably better off looking for an older pickup or 4Runner. They're also easier to SAS.
But I really agree with getting a pre coma 95 or earlier pickup or 4runner for a trail rig/project. If you can find a pre 85 in good shape you'll have that SA