Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question concerning switching tail lights

Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Question concerning switching tail lights

Hello all!
I searched and came up empty (correct me if you know of a thread though).

I recently destroyed one of my tail lights wheeling. A new 01-04 one on Rockauto is about 50 bucks, but I can find a pair of 95.5-00 ones for about the same price. I also have a hole in my other light that's been patched by electrical tape for about 2 years. So it would make sense to put new ones in.

It appears that the outer dimensions are the same, but before I pull the trigger I wanted to ask the community about it. Does anybody have experience with this or can shed some light on it? Will the older ones fit? I know ebay tail lights say they will fit either one or the other.

I would love to swap them to the older style in order to keep with the theme I have (my 01 is disguised as my old 96 via front end swap and the TOYOTA tailgate decal).

Cheers!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
The newer ones are jewelled, unlike the older ones. I broke one wheeling too.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
Hello all!
I searched and came up empty (correct me if you know of a thread though).

I recently destroyed one of my tail lights wheeling. A new 01-04 one on Rockauto is about 50 bucks, but I can find a pair of 95.5-00 ones for about the same price. I also have a hole in my other light that's been patched by electrical tape for about 2 years. So it would make sense to put new ones in.

It appears that the outer dimensions are the same, but before I pull the trigger I wanted to ask the community about it. Does anybody have experience with this or can shed some light on it? Will the older ones fit? I know ebay tail lights say they will fit either one or the other.

I would love to swap them to the older style in order to keep with the theme I have (my 01 is disguised as my old 96 via front end swap and the TOYOTA tailgate decal).

Cheers!
per whitetacoboy, they will fit with a slight wire modification

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post5064566
Old 05-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
Boo-yah!
Now we're even haha
You say that now, but I haven't even begun to do my swap.

lol