Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Satellite Radio

Old 12-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
prosty41 is on a distinguished road
prosty41's Tacoma Gallery
Satellite Radio

Hi Guys,

I am new here and I hope i'm not beating an old topic to death. I did search but did not find what I was looking for.

I am preparing to instal an after market JVC head unit into my 03 Tacoma. The unit is Sat Radio Ready and I just purchased the tuner boxes that must be installed and connected to the head unit.

What I am looking for is advice on locations, running wires, antenna locations..etc.. Fro example has anyone attemped to pull the middle console apart and install the tunner boxes there? Anything like that.

Thanks!

Phil
Old 12-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
The optimum antenna location is on the roof, at least 6" away from the edge of the roof.

Another location that's been used is directly above the windshield, with the wire run up through the windshield moulding.

There've also been successful antenna installs in the wiper cowl, but reception can be affected by this relatively low position.