Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Factory color codes?

Old 05-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
CraigMo is on a distinguished road
CraigMo's Tacoma Gallery
Factory color codes?

How do I find out the factory color description/code for the interior color of my 2000 Tacoma? I mean I know it's blue, but am looking to buy seat covers and want to be able to pick the best "blue" to match.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMo View Post
How do I find out the factory color description/code for the interior color of my 2000 Tacoma? I mean I know it's blue, but am looking to buy seat covers and want to be able to pick the best "blue" to match.
lol... that "blue" is technically called gray.

But yeah I have the same color interior and it's more like blue-gray than anything.

I have a friend who has a 99 with the same interior and got seat covers that are black with gray insert (can't remember the manufacturer) and the gray is nowhere near a match.

My advice is just to get black seat covers. Much more forgiving in terms of matching the interior
Old 05-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
CraigMo's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the feedback...and I'm not too surprised that it's referred to as gray. I was thinking of ordering some nice one's via Wet Okole after reading through the forums a bit. Like I said, just wanting to match the color as best I can. Black doesn't sound super appealing.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure if you search for Wet Okole pics on here, you'll get a lot of ideas about what people did with our color interior.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
CraigMo's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen anything with the gray/blue interior yet, but I'll keep looking.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
The color code is on the door jamb with GVWR, tire pressure, etc. Ask the dealership for the exact location and code description.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Bottom right is the paint color code and the trim options code. I don't know if it specifies trim color specifically like the paint code does. This is in the driver's side door jamb
C/TR 040/FZ10

Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
CraigMo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Bottom right is the paint color code and the trim options code. I don't know if it specifies trim color specifically like the paint code does. This is in the driver's side door jamb
C/TR 040/FZ10

THANKS!!
Old 05-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #9
leftytaco is on a distinguished road
leftytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Factory color codes

Found the code and found my color.
This 2000 is Horizon Blue Metallic. It actually looks kind of purple. is this a 'rare' color ?