Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

brushguard help

Old 12-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
brushguard help

so i was gonna put it on today but first i had to get the couple hundred pounds of snow out frm the undercarrige. I got that done. But the instructons that came with it kinda suck. I know that its supposed to be bolted where the factory tow hooks r.... but those bolts r a lil rusty what would you suggest to do.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
get new bolts, IMO i wouldnt put a guard on it. looks for other alternatives
Old 12-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #3

bolts

Sorry... wasnt clear enough... i gotta get those bolts out. The brushguard came with all new bolts
Old 12-22-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ever heard of metwrench, great tools. i have the big set if a bolt strips these will work the best
Old 12-22-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
try heating it up and put pb blaster on it works miracles
Old 12-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
A whole lotta leverage and a few prayers that you don't snap off the head of the bolt.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
A whole lotta leverage and a few prayers that you don't snap off the head of the bolt.
Thx for the help... HAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo2sixty View Post
Thx for the help... HAHAHAHAHA
That's experience talking right there. Seriously though, some liquid wrench (any penetrating oil), a breaker bar, and brace your feet against the front tires. Don't forget the chiropractor appointment!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #9
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
i ran into the same problem with my brushgaurd.... i had to use alot of PB blast and a impact wrench wouldnt touch it... so i asked the dad for help and we took a regular socket wrench and put a peich of 2 ft metal pipe over it for more leverage and the broke loose.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #10

thx for the ideas everyone... gonna get it on a lift at work soon and fix my oil leek at the same time
Old 12-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #11
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had a problem with my front dif drain. Get a hammer and give it a good wack!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #12
=T=
Tman12 will become famous soon enough

Name: Taryn
Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
I had a tough time getting those bolts out and mine wernt rusted. I was lucky enough to have the guys at the exaust shop to loosen mine up when i get a Flowmaster put on. The right tools will get the job done im sure. I just didnt have them.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Um, new truck?
HAHAHA ur paying

Ill take urs