LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Badged or debagded?

Old 05-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
I Am Batman!
Asta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
Asta's Tacoma Gallery
Badged or debagded?

Trying to decide but i cant picture it without the badges what do you guys think?
Old 05-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
way much cleaner debadged. its also nice w/ blacked out emblems depending on truck color
Old 05-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
I Am Batman!
Asta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to behold

Asta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepLONGBEACH View Post
way much cleaner debadged. its also nice w/ blacked out emblems depending on truck color
Ive got a red truck ive got my Tacoma emblems on the side black but im thinking about debadging it
Old 05-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #6
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
All off...
Old 05-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
tempted to remove mine.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I think mostly debadged looks great. I have all but the door panel tacoma badges off and those badges are painted black and I really like it. It also depends on your trucks color too IMO. White and red looks good with blacked out badges. go with whatever you think looks the best. If you take em off and don't like em you can always put em back on.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #9
Browncoat
Stoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to all

Stoic's Tacoma Gallery
Go stealth.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Debadge.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta View Post
Trying to decide but i cant picture it without the badges what do you guys think?
Debadged all the way.

Clean and mean
Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #13
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Took mine off the tailgate ones were a bitch.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #14
I Am Batman!

Asta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I know 2nd gen, but all off.

I love that look for 2nd gens kinda jealous
Looks like im going to be taking them off the two tacomas on the side are painted black so ill see how i like it!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #17
I Am Batman!

Asta's Tacoma Gallery
How do you guys take em off? Hairdryer and fishing line?
Old 05-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #18
Bogg is on a distinguished road
Bogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Bogg
I just used some fishing line. It left some adhesive marks but nothing some wax can't fix. My badges were on my truck for almost 5yrs before I took them off. Can't even tell they were ever on. Bedside decals used a heat gun and then peeled off decal. Again, used some wax once the area cooled down to remove any left over adhesive
Old 05-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta View Post
How do you guys take em off? Hairdryer and fishing line?
I wouldn't use a hair dryer. Unless you're careful there's a good chance you could mess your paint up.

I waited until a blazing hot sunny Colorado summer day... about 98 degrees IIRC. Just parked the truck in the sun for a few hours. The badges pretty much just peeled up with my fingernails. I did use some fishing line to get behind some pesky ones though.

Then I used goo gone (let it soak on the adhesive as best as possible). Used a lot of elbow grease. Cleaned, clay barred, polished and waxed.

Done deal.

For the decals I used this:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Stripe-Whee.../dp/B00063VT0G

Easy peasy
Old 05-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #20
I Am Batman!

Asta's Tacoma Gallery

Emblems gone i like the decal so im keeping that also smoked the tail lights