Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

RR diff not working!!

Old 12-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
ryan wulff is on a distinguished road
ryan wulff's Tacoma Gallery
RR diff not working!!

I have a 2004 tacoma and my rr diff lock is not working. The light on the dash blinks, but will not go solid. I pulled the plug that goes into my diff, and I don't seem to have any power there. Is there a relay switch or something that can go out, or something else that I can try?
Old 12-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan wulff View Post
I have a 2004 tacoma and my rr diff lock is not working. The light on the dash blinks, but will not go solid. I pulled the plug that goes into my diff, and I don't seem to have any power there. Is there a relay switch or something that can go out, or something else that I can try?
check the relay and fuses in the fuse box first. can you hear the actuator engage at all?? sometimes, you gotta turn the steering wheel and go either forward or backward before the diff will lock in.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
ryan wulff is on a distinguished road
ryan wulff's Tacoma Gallery
I can't hear anything engage at all, and my fuses are ok. I have tryed rocking the truck and turnig the steering wheel, but the light continues to blink?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have it in 4lo? or did you do the gray wire mod?
Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 AM   #6
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
mine wont go in either i tried to lock it in yesterday and it didnt do anything at all
Old 12-23-2008, 06:42 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
to engage the locker

put the truck in 4lo

hit the rr diff lock buttong

ease the truck forward about 3-4 feet...you may have to turn the wheel while doing this but not always

if you have your windows down you should be able to hear the motor and locker engage and then the light should go solid
Old 12-23-2008, 08:10 AM   #8
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
There are 2 conditions where the differential lock lamp is supposed to flash:

(1) The rear diff. lock SW is switched to ON position during differential lock prohibition conditions (Vehicle speed above 8 km/h (5 mph) ).

(2) The rear diff. lock detection SW is turned off during operation of the rear diff. lock motor.

Condition (1) might happen if there's a fault in the vehicle speed sensor, the differential lock ECU, or the wiring between them. Condition (2) might happen if there's a fault with the detection switch or maybe even the motor itself.