Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

just purchased

Old 05-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
paully79 is on a distinguished road
Name: paul
paully79's Tacoma Gallery
just purchased

hey everyone, just purchased a 2003 trd off road pkg. wanted to know if i have an aal or not. i know there's a body lift but not sure about the rest. more curious about if i should be running billy's 5100 or 5125 in rear. any info would be appreciated. thanks
Old 05-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Best thing you can do is get rid of the body lift and do a suspension lift. Body lifts are not safe.

Welcome to TW and enjoy a great truck.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paully79 View Post
hey everyone, just purchased a 2003 trd off road pkg. wanted to know if i have an aal or not. i know there's a body lift but not sure about the rest. more curious about if i should be running billy's 5100 or 5125 in rear. any info would be appreciated. thanks
C'mon paully, give us something to look at, can't tell about AAL if we can't see it....
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
I believe stock for 1st gens is 3 leaves and 1 overload (at east that's what my old 96 had). I installed OME Dakar in the first week I had the 01 though so I wouldn't know very well.

Also, OP there's heaps of body lift hate on here (me included) so you'll get lots of people saying to remove it whenever you ask for advice (also, me included). They're just bad news, not to mention that they look really, really bad. Switch that over to a suspension lift ASAP; just search the 1st gen forum for ideas on what to install if you want ideas (we don't need another 'What lift' thread hah). You can also PM me with any questions.