Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Curious about muffler & size???

Old 05-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
Whiskey Throttle FTW!
NoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 485th MP Company
Name: Scott
NoTown98Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Curious about muffler & size???

I drive a 1998 3.4L V6 Limited Tacoma. I am looking to buy a Magnaflow muffler for a deeper sound but don't want it too loud or raspy. Any suggestions?

Also, can anyone tell me what size inlet/outlet size I need if i'm running my stock exhaust?

-Thanks
Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Read from post 15618 for the next couple of pages.

A few guys got into the discussion about it, however don't know if your second question is answered

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ition-781.html
Old 05-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTown98Yota View Post
I drive a 1998 3.4L V6 Limited Tacoma. I am looking to buy a Magnaflow muffler for a deeper sound but don't want it too loud or raspy. Any suggestions?

Also, can anyone tell me what size inlet/outlet size I need if i'm running my stock exhaust?

-Thanks
14'' Magnaflow sounds best IMO while not being too loud.

IIRC a 2.5'' inlet/outlet will weld over your existing piping because its 2.25'' pipe.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
Whiskey Throttle FTW!
NoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Read from post 15618 for the next couple of pages.

A few guys got into the discussion about it, however don't know if your second question is answered

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ition-781.html
I am still trying to choose between the 14" & 18" but helped a lot! -Thanks
Old 05-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
Whiskey Throttle FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post

IIRC a 2.5'' inlet/outlet will weld over your existing piping because its 2.25'' pipe.

Awesome thank you!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
Whiskey Throttle FTW!

Quote:

Do I need an offset in/out?
Old 05-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe......

Best thing IMO is to go to an exhaust shop that carries magnaflows and just have them weld in a 14'' that works.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
Whiskey Throttle FTW!

Quote:
Maybe......

Best thing IMO is to go to an exhaust shop that carries magnaflows and just have them weld in a 14'' that works.
That is what i'll do. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #9

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTown98Yota View Post
That is what i'll do. Thanks for the help!
no problem

Also, another nice thing about having a shop do it; is if it leaks you can take it back and bitch at 'em