1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2.5 in. Spacer question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TACOTWENTY4, May 6, 2012.

1. May 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    u mean 98% of your trucks like is spent in a college parking lot: not many miles livin on campus. glad you like your spacers, but fuck if someone is asking if they should get spacers or 5100s dont just tell them that spacers are good enough and will "do just fine"

2. May 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    camera instead of a good lift :rolleyes: where are your priority's man! lol

3. May 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    bumper and lights instead of an epic trip to moab :rolleyes: where are your priority's man! lol

4. May 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's

lights?? what?? And neither of those things pushed that in the red..was my Audio gear that did that :eek:

5. May 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    whatever, same freakin thing lol

6. May 10, 2012 at 12:30 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    i am stoked broha!

7. May 10, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    Just be careful...I didn't offroad that hard either and broke a shock a while back because of top spacers. They work by forcing the suspension downwards at the same time you are not gaining any uptravel to compensate for the 2'' or so of droop you get...so if you bottom out, your shock will take it...not your bump stops.

I went over a small 1-1.5' drop off (that I didn't see) on a really easy trail, bottomed out, and broke my stock shock. Cracked the welds that holds the bottom bushing on, and bent the dampening rod. I was about 6 miles off the trail head....

So look into upgrading soon. You never know what will happen.

There is no way anyone can EVER defend spacers....period. Unless the truck in question will NEVER see dirt.

8. May 10, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    TacoMX

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    For sure. My main point is that it left me stranded for a couple of hours till my buddy could get back with his welder and a generator so he could tack the shock bushing eye back on the shock so I could get home.

Luckily I already had bilstein HD shocks on order and they came the next day...lol.

But I didn't learn because I am still running the spacers till I get my coilovers back from getting rebuild. Back then I was ignorant when it came to lifts though.

9. May 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    TacoMX

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    Look out for a used set of CO's on ttora. Lots of people sas on there and get rid of their ifs. I got my 'hoes for $225 shipped...and iirc there is a set of SAWS on there now.

Products Discussed in

To Top