Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st gen horn...hate it. any solutions?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen horn...hate it. any solutions?

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that absolutely hates the embarrassing noise the horns in our 1st gens make. I hate even using it because I feel like every time I do, its a serious blow to my....pride? Manliness? Heterosexuality? Anyways, it sucks, let me know what everyones doing with theirs. Im Thinking about a horn swap.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Haha.

I actually used my horn this weekend for the first time out of frustration at a dumbass driver.

It more or less made me laugh by how weak and feeble it sounds
Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same opinion hah, so I grabbed a couple horns out of an Aussie 60 series Landcruiser because they sound a little different. I have yet to hook them up, though.

For new options, I like Hella Supertones, but they are expensive and lets face it, it's just a stinkin' horn!
My recommendation would be to go to a junkyard with a battery and a couple wires and walk around testing random horns off of trucks until you find one (or a pair) that you like!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
I know how you feel, I have got to replace mine, now the horn on my mustang gt was pretty good and believe me when someone does something stupid I let them know. Also ford puts a good horn on their super-duty trucks
sharp, loud, and a good deep tone. I have had people pull right out in front of me, and then jump half a foot in their seat when I gave them a blast...
Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertgeejr1 View Post
I know how you feel, I have got to replace mine, now the horn on my mustang gt was pretty good and believe me when someone does something stupid I let them know. Also ford puts a good horn on their super-duty trucks
sharp, loud, and a good deep tone. I have had people pull right out in front of me, and then jump half a foot in their seat when I gave them a blast...
^^this, find a horn you like and wire it up. Hella makes a loud replacement horn also.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Haha.

I actually used my horn this weekend for the first time out of frustration at a dumbass driver.

It more or less made me laugh by how weak and feeble it sounds
I equate it to an old lady tapping you on the shoulder saying in a very frail voice, "excuse me"
Old 05-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
SEARCHER
acirco is on a distinguished road

Name: Alan
acirco's Tacoma Gallery
HA! I just put that on my list of things to do also. Only had my truck for a few months and finally hit the horn. I think Herbie the Love Bug had a tougher sound than that. I am a big fan of the older car horns you can actually adjust. Always use two with different tones and you will get anyone's attention. Junk yards and swap meets, best place to find them.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Hella Twin Supertone Horn Kit $55.79
http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...4HLA261.1.html

Chrome Hawk Electric Train Horn $60
http://trainhorns.net/hot-rod-deluxe...rain-horn.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJend7p2nOk

Old 05-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFEirq5u0bc
Old 05-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
^ Looks like Jared from Subway

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
^ do want
Old 05-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #14
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
I use mine all the time and get the same responces "hahahaha, your horn doesn't match your truck!"
Old 05-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #15
KeeKee will become famous soon enough

KeeKee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
I use mine all the time and get the same responces "hahahaha, your horn doesn't match your truck!"
Haha i get the same. I have an Avalon which sounds like a kings horn compared to my trucks sad little noise.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:17 AM   #16
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
I have always wanted to do go this route...very extreme!

http://www.hornblasters.com/

Old 05-08-2012, 06:33 AM   #17
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
^^^haha ive looked into those. Youtube it. People piss their pants when you blast one of those things
Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #18
Browncoat
Stoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to all

Stoic's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Florida where it's almost mandatory for people to carry guns in their cars. I try not to use the horn too often.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
^^^haha ive looked into those. Youtube it. People piss their pants when you blast one of those things
Yeah, so imagine someone changing lanes into you and you hit a horn like that... person freaks out and does something stupid and hits your truck. In my opinion, only a complete ignoramous would run them as a normal horn.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #20
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about trying to get one off a 18 wheeler