Notices

Make your own Mud Flaps??

Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
SEARCHER
acirco is on a distinguished road

Name: Alan
acirco's Tacoma Gallery
Make your own Mud Flaps??

2000 Tacoma, Reg Cab, 4x4: Anyone here made your own mud flaps from flat materials like a large Semi mudflap you can get at truck stops? Toyota pricing on these is absolutely ridiculous! I am planning to buy (2) large mudflaps (24"x36") @ $12.50 ea. and make my own......just wondering if anyone had done this already. The fronts do have an offset but a rubber or plastic spacer of some sort can fix this. I did a search but nothing found here.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
My Subaru-driving friends used a Semi-truck inner fender wall I believe. They went to a big rig shop and bought them for like 10 bucks and cut them into the correct shape using the template from the Rally Armor website. It's nice, thick rubber too.

Otherwise, heaps of TW members have removed their mudflaps. Just post in the B/S/T thread (since you have already done so in this forum) to see if anybody has their set lying around. My truck didn't come with them (removed by PO), so I bought some for like 20 shipped from a guy on here.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
hulkit is on a distinguished road

hulkit's Tacoma Gallery
ya my dad found a large mudflap on hte side of hte road and picked it up

when i was talking with him about buying a set he gave me that and i cut it to size

i remember on my original 1990 toyota pickup i didnt have the metal that holds the mudflap so my father in law helped me make them with a can of beans LOLOLOL i transferred it to my tacoma and its still there

ill try and take a picture later on im on my 10 minute break
Old 05-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
do it and make a write up, sure someone will find it interesting and useful