Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

leaf springs is not aligned

Old 05-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
leaf springs is not aligned

after my aal installed, i noticed the aal and overload were not aligned with the other leafs. then to make it worst, these past saturday went trail offroading and notice the aal and overload leaf move to the side. when i did the aal installed, i tighten the centerpin but it still moved. how will i keep the aal and overload leaf from moving in the future?

Old 05-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Mine hasn't moved at all. If mine did that, I'd put a 2x4 next to the AAL and give it a whack with a BFH to put it back in line. That's just me, there might be a good reason not to go this route, do it at your own risk.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
On my old leaf pack when I had the procomp add a leaf the overload would move as well and then whacked it with the hammer and got it straight but it still moved after a week so I just used a clamp I got from autozone and it didnt move anymore wish I still had pics
Old 05-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, when I was in the tag-a-long trailer business, if a customer called about that he usually had damaged his u bolts and spring seats, I know this is not quite the same, but even for repairs, we would get a mallet and give it a few wacks to get it in inline, but check everything else out for wear or damage and and maybe it just needs a clamp. but be careful under there doing that. goggles and heavy gloves.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
i'm thinking about getting something that will hold all the leaf together. but cant find it yet.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
No Money. No Love.
SmogSUX is on a distinguished road

SmogSUX's Tacoma Gallery
My oem bottom leaf did that on the passenger side...I also noticed the passenger side sits 1" lower in the rear lol. I decided to just replace the whole leaf pack
Old 05-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
First off you shoulda put some vice grips on the pin where it drops into the spring perch , that way it wouldn't spin when you tighten up, this is probably whats happening

I made my own spring clamps cutting some plate steel (1/8" i think) & got some allthread w/nuts ,washers, drilled a couple holes in the plates, bolted that shit tight
Old 05-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Leafs move around a bit. Its normal.