Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

tube bumper build anybody done it

Old 05-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery
tube bumper build anybody done it

I have plans on building front and rear tube bumpers and also sliders. Is it actually worth the the satisfaction of doing it yourself. Also do you actualy save when building them. I have access to everything from welders to tube benders. Also i can get the materials pretty cheap being that my dads best friend owns a welding shop. Give me your opinions. I may be able to make more and make alittle cash while im at it.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
You can save money, but you definitely don't save time. Don't discount how expensive the material costs will be. There isn't much profit margin on that stuff, so his discount may be way less than you would think.

However, it is cool to say you built it.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Well ill have plenty of time this summer being that I'm out of school. Also for the mounting brackets and winch mount I can get stuff out of his scrap piles. I've got a couple of disgns in mind that's where my two years of engineering class will come in handy Haha
Old 05-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanfoy View Post
Well ill have plenty of time this summer being that I'm out of school. Also for the mounting brackets and winch mount I can get stuff out of his scrap piles. I've got a couple of disgns in mind that's where my two years of engineering class will come in handy Haha
Put that edu-mu-cation to work.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #5

Well I just sketched my design I'm going to sneak into the computer lab after I get measurements Haha see if I can't get some free inventor