Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has anybody bedlined/line-x'd their rocker panels?

Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody bedlined/line-x'd their rocker panels?

So I just bought a 03 tacoma. I am considering lining the rocker panels about 6 inches up. Just wondering if anybody else has done this. And if so, what product and application did you use? Pics would be great!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Country101's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm....That would be nice. I'd like to see that if somebody has.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
magog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud of

magog45's Tacoma Gallery
I always line my rocker panels with rocker guard about 4-6 inches up. I've always used a generic rubberized rocker guard sold at the local CTC but this last time I have tried a bed liner spray and it seems fine and after a can of colourmatch paint, looks fine too.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #4
jds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
jds0912's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
So I just bought a 03 tacoma. I am considering lining the rocker panels about 6 inches up. Just wondering if anybody else has done this. And if so, what product and application did you use? Pics would be great!
Tacodoc just did his rig. Check out his site, tacodoc.com. Hes also a member here and everywhere else. Super well planned build.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
i did mine a while ago. here is what 3 layers of herculiner looks like after 3.5 years with no touch ups.... pretty damn good if you ask me!!!

Old 05-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
I did mine about 6 inches up. Let me find some pics.....
Old 05-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #7
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:

Also took of my flares and did those.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I used herculiner. It's been holding up very well!

Old 05-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sickkk, nice job man.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Country101's Tacoma Gallery
What did yall do to prep your trucks and how did you apply it? Any tips?
Old 05-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #11

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country101 View Post
I don't know about the hurculiner type of stuff but the Walmart spray on bed liner is what I used. Prep was just the masking everything off and then 120 grit wet sand paper (used dry) to scuff everything up and then spray. But this is the interesting part........if you hold the can upside down about a foot away from the material to be sprayed and then nice even spray strokes.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
I extended the gravel guard on mine with Sem Gravel and Chip Guard. Probably not as tough as Line X but I don't go off road and it has the factory look.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippin101 View Post
Looks sickkk, nice job man.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country101 View Post
For herculiner you sand, wipe down then tape off. Then apply and make sure you remove the tape before the last coat drys.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #16
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
I did mine about 3" up. I used the stuff from wallmart, cant remember what brand it was but its been holding up fine on the rockers and sliders but the bumpers and toolbox is a different story. Will be raptor lining soon!

Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
I did mine about 3" up. I used the stuff from wallmart, cant remember what brand it was but its been holding up fine on the rockers and sliders but the bumpers and toolbox is a different story. Will be raptor lining soon!

did everybody spraylined the inside portion of the rocker panel (on the first pic)? im about to do mine and i wasent gonna do it, im guessing its just for the look
Old 06-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #18
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
My sliders are linex'd. With the bumpers the same it looks great, but a rock took a big chunk out of my slider recently. Got it fixed but overall id say LineX was an expensive mistake. For me in Florida it should be fine dice there aren't a lot of rocks here though.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters personal Tacoma. He has line-x'd rockers.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #20
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Yes, I used herculiner. It's been holding up very well!

did you paint on top of it ? and did you remove the rear bumper spray the little portion back there? sorry for all the questions but im doing it tomorow and im a newb