Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Vibrations?

Old 05-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Mxer256 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Vibrations?

I put a lift on my truck about 3 weeks ago. After i had the front installed i drove it and it was fine. Then I had a block for the rear and installed it. when i go about 25-30 it has a vibation to the whole truck. Anyone know what this is from? I know i need to get extended shocks but i know it wouldnt be that since it only does it at that speed. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks to me like you've answered your own question.
Its obviously the blocks. Take them out and replace with
a new leaf pack.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #3

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan4x4 View Post
Looks to me like you've answered your own question.
Its obviously the blocks. Take them out and replace with
a new leaf pack.
how would i know its for sure the blocks? And if i just got an add a leaf it would for sure help it?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Adding the lift in back has increased the driveline angle. The vib can be reduced or possibly eliminated by dropping the center bearing on the rear driveshaft.

There are kilts available for this or you can do what I did. The stock bolts that hold the carrier berring in place are long enough to handle spacing down the bearing a little bit. I used about a 1/2" stack of washers to lower the bearing.

You can find more information about this in the thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...vibration.html

Here is a pic of the bearing and bracket.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
I installed a 4in. lift on my 99 prerunner. It took 3 1/2in blocks in the rear and I didnt get any vibation. So I dont think it is the block. Just my $0.02.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #6

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Adding the lift in back has increased the driveline angle. The vib can be reduced or possibly eliminated by dropping the center bearing on the rear driveshaft.

There are kilts available for this or you can do what I did. The stock bolts that hold the carrier berring in place are long enough to handle spacing down the bearing a little bit. I used about a 1/2" stack of washers to lower the bearing.

You can find more information about this in the thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...vibration.html

Here is a pic of the bearing and bracket.

Thanks! ill have to do this some time this week!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #7

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
I installed a 4in. lift on my 99 prerunner. It took 3 1/2in blocks in the rear and I didnt get any vibation. So I dont think it is the block. Just my $0.02.
Alright good! thanks for the help!